icon

JL, Kicker, or Earthquake

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ya have ya used aplhasonik? The amps are supper efficent, i was running one at 1 ohm on the border of its power handling. It didn't heat up at all warm thats it. I touch a JL doing the same thing and i will burn myself. The speakers won awards in the 03 CES and got honorable mentiones in others. Audiobahn on the other hand is crap i agree with ya there we will never carry it ever at this shop even though there sales rep is a pushy bastard. The alphasonik brand has been around since 75. And don't knock shhh till ya use it.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
it the same with any company, i've seen some low end pathetic jensen level quality laughable alphasonik, and i've seen some REALLy nice stuff from them....can't give a blanket statement to "r they good or not"
car 1 = alpine 9807, mtx 404+mtx 311d, polk speakers, kappa 10"
car 2 = pioneer 7700, kicker 400x1, kicker 60x4, 10"compvr x2, kappa speakers
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
I can give you a statement.
Both are garbage.
There you go....
In their former days, alphasonik and jensen were nice audio equipment. Ever since the evil lord audiobahn bought out alphasonik, they are now chromed out crap. I have heard these brands. I'd take an alphasonik over a jensen, but still they are both garbage really...
J B L (say it with me now)
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
NicP 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2005 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
i thought jbl were in the same league as pioneer? is there high end jbl stuff i dont know about?
parrot 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=godblessdremil]JL is the best in the way of sound quallity but is not worth the money

I'm sorry but that is a perfect example of an oxymoron.  Sound quality does cost money, you get what you pay for. Sound quality must not be worth the extra cash to godblessdremil. Imagine the cash you would spend if you bought kickers, realized they sound like pewp for an SQ setup, then had to upgrade to JL's. If you are into SQ don't even look at earthquakes of kickers. You can find other brands than JL for a good SQ setup, but I haven't heard any I'll take over the JL's.

Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
parrot wrote:

[QUOTE=godblessdremil]JL is the best in the way of sound quallity but is not worth the money

I'm sorry but that is a perfect example of an oxymoron.  Sound quality does cost money, you get what you pay for. Sound quality must not be worth the extra cash to godblessdremil. Imagine the cash you would spend if you bought kickers, realized they sound like pewp for an SQ setup, then had to upgrade to JL's. If you are into SQ don't even look at earthquakes of kickers. You can find other brands than JL for a good SQ setup, but I haven't heard any I'll take over the JL's.

A disciple! Quick, someone get the communion wafers! JL, Kicker, or Earthquake - Page 2 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:
[QUOTE=parrot]

Sound quality does cost money, you get what you pay for.  Imagine the cash you would spend if you bought kickers, realized they sound like pewp for an SQ setup, then had to upgrade to JL's. If you are into SQ don't even look at earthquakes of kickers.

Ok first of all People perceive sound different. I have owned Hx2 in a sealed box compared to a my current set up of two kickers in a street bass box and IMO they sound better. And Kicker L7 have Beat JL audio in a SQ comps.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
audiobhan101 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
MB quart, RE and Boston Acoustics all have pretty good combo of SPL and SQ.
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
4 15" Audiobahn High Excursion
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
I can give you a statement.
Both are garbage.
There you go....
In their former days, alphasonik and jensen were nice audio equipment. Ever since the evil lord audiobahn bought out alphasonik, they are now chromed out crap. I have heard these brands. I'd take an alphasonik over a jensen, but still they are both garbage really...
J B L (say it with me now)

There speakers are of avg quallity and there high end ones sound good, but i usually use the company for there amps the dam thing is pretty undestructable.

Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Damn this came back from the dead didn't it?
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic