icon

Add on backup lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sirfrat 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have a relay diagram for wiring in additional backup lights using direct battery feed and existing backup lights circuit to actuate the relay?   Add on backup lights - Last Post -- posted image.  Thanks in advance
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
You have not indicated what vehicle you are attempting to do this to, but here are some general tips. I have done this to my both Toyota truck and my Nissan Truck. Find a comprehensive wiring diagram for your vehicle such as a Haynes or Chiltons manual. You will want to locate the wire color and location that feeds your factory reverse lights. Once you have located the wire, you will want to tap that wire and send it to a relay. The relay will control your aux reverse lights. When the factory reverse lights turn on the aux lights will turn on too, but will not be powered by the factory reverse light circuit. On both of my installs I tapped the factory wire somewhere in the cab (in the wire harness that goes to the bed) so that I could locate the relay under the hood. This way you only have to run one wire to back of the vehicle to power the new reverse lights. I have a toggle switch that allows me to to turn on the reverse lights whenever I want, or have them turn on only with the factory reverse lights and then the middle position the lights are off.
Hope that helps.
werd
dutch sub 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Add on backup lights - Last Post -- posted image.
Splice the wire going to the original taillight and
connect that to terminal 85, and ground the relay via terminal 86.
Now get a fused supply from battery to terminal 30, and connect the aux. backuplights to terminal 87.
Ground lights in a appropriate way, and your good to go.
n.b.
Please solder the wire going from original light, to terminal 85, and dont use a vampire tap for that connection.
280 Bhp Jap
Amd Duron1000
512mb/80GB
Navi/Mp3
Still tinkering.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic