icon

D1 and XM Updating?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
n1976jmk 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  

I currently have an 05 rav4 with the D1 installed and working fine, i have the xm/nav traffic box also, but right now i only am paying for the music service and not the nav traffic service,  my problem is that every 30 seconds or 1 minute, sometimes more, sometimes less, a little screen will pop saying XM UPDATING and have to hit OK button.  Why is it doing this?  I am not sure what is wrong....  I do not have any interuption in music from XM while it does this either, so i do no think it is a reception problem?

thanks in advance,

jon 

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Unhook the Data Cable from the head unit and it will go away. Once, if ever, you decide to get the Navtraffic service activated, hook it back up. That will fix the problem you are having.
aperkins 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

I just finished installing  a  Pioneer AVIC D1 w/ the XM Radio/NAVTRAFFIC adapter. I activated both Radio & NAVTRAFFIC yesterday.

The XM Radio works just fine but I don't seem to be getting any NAVTRAFFIC info and thus I'm getting the 'XM Updating' screen at an alarming frequency that just about makes viewing the D1 usless in the NAV mode. I thought if you activate both services it eliminated the 'XM Updating' screen. Possibly I need to give the satelite more time to finish it's initial download.

I called XM and ask them to 'reactivate' the NAVTRAFFIC to make sure it was active.

Any  advice or suggestions? 

canerod 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
I am having the same problem with "XM updating".  I am receiving Nav-traffic info.  The problem goes away if you turn off the engine and restart.
mekeo21 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I read somewere that Pioneer was suppose to fix this issue in version 1.2 so that hte cable does not have to be unplugged... anyone verify what version they have?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic