Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lady_fiddler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hey VOLT...

Hi VOLT,

It took a while for me to find your website. I am SO glad you posted a message on the main page. I know you're alive.

I'm Lady Fiddler (Chris) from the WD1 Yahoo chat room.

How's your son? Where in Loiusiana do you live? I've sure been thinking about you two!

Listen, if you need a place to relocate we have PLENTY of room.  You'd like it here. I'd even get some chickory for your coffee!  We're in a small mountain town called Grass Valley, CA.  Maybe you could teach me to make gumbo!

Oh, VOLT... times like these make us appreciate those that we love, and without a doubt, I love you and your son!

Reply back when you can.  ( cdabis@chrisdabis.com)

Chris & Paul

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Chris! We are both safe in Mandeville. Thank you so much for the offer. Fortunately for us our home only needs minor repairs, unlike many of my neighbors that have new "house plants" in them now. I'll shoot you an email shortly. ...volt ;)
So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
lady_fiddler 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi VOLT,

Ok, I've told the WD1 folks that you're safe.  Not many of the originals are left though. 

Now, what do you need?  What do your neighbors need? 

Chris

supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  

Great to hear from you! I missed everyone. 

'85 Toy
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Chris, right now we're able to get the essentials we need, though we look forward to hot showers and air conditioning. The majority is still without power and running water. Phone lines are still sporadic and cellular service is random. Insurance and FEMA should cover most of the damage, if not all, though many of my neighbors are unsure of lost income and future employment. Most of us work on the south shore in New Orleans and the immediate surrounding areas, so for them cash is what they need most. Fortunately for me, I'm still receiving a paycheck and can help out, including providing a place to stay for some of our friends and their pets. I'm optimistic that we will fair out okay, but if there is something we need and can't get here, I'll let you know.

Thanks Chris and please stay in touch. 

So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Things are getting better. I'm happy to say we have power and running water in my neighborhood and I just got word that our facility and web server survived, though it will still be several weeks before we can get back in and have it up and running again. I look forward to taking a hot shower instead of a cold bath and shaving again for the first time in ten days (hopefully the line in my house won't be too long, but even if it is, it'll be worth the wait ;) 
lady_fiddler 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Volt,

In a way, Volt, I'm glad the hurricane happened.  Chances are we would have lost touch and now that's not possible.  I've added your e-mail address to my address book.  I tried to send one but it was FORCEFULLY rejected by your mail server.  I suspect your mail server isn't up and running yet.  Do you have a back-up addy such as hotmail or yahoo? 

We've got ladies making quilts here for the victims.  Does anyone in your area need one?

I laughed when I played Jambalaya with the band the other day.  Everytime I play that I remember your comments after you heard our recording.... "It needs a little more coon ass!"   It still does!

Chris (Lady Fiddler)

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hey 12volt,
good to hear to came out so lucky. I didnt get so lucky. Unfortunately, I live (or should I say LIVED) on the south shore, in New Orleans East. My house is under 10 feet of water. But at least my family is ok. We are up in Shreveport,LA now. My inlaws live here and we were actually up here visiting them the week before the storm. I just wish I could have been in New Orleans when the storm approached, that way I could have taken some possessions before evacuating. I wish I had my car(we drove here in my wife's altima), more clothes, insurance papers, and my wedding pictures. One minute I'm on vacation visiting my in-laws, the next day I wake up unemployed and homeless with nothing but the 4 changes of clothes I took with me.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
But I guess things could be much worse.... I could be in a shelter, or one of those people on the news being rescued from their rooftops by the coast guard. At least my family is safe and we have a roof over our heads. And best of all, I have internet access.
the12volt 
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hi CutDog504, I'm sorry to hear about your losses, but happy to hear you're safe. What are your immediate plans? Do you need a job in Shreveport or elsewhere? Do you need me to contact anyone down here for you or your family? If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic