icon

So any details? Hurricane Katrina

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Kudos on keeping the site up.  My condolences to all those affected by the storm.  I was there for three weeks with my unit, and I've never seen anything like it.  Good luck with everything.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks fugit.
So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 4 -- posted image.
rottenbellysfunk's Album:Hurricane Katrina Pictures,
Click on the link above to view the 89 pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way.
So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 4 -- posted image.
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
S orry about double post. I work on the river tug boats and these are pictures off some of the things around new orleans.We pulled barges and ships off the bank for a month before i got to come home.
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
I finally got to go back to New Orleans a few days ago to see my house. Its devastating, you just cant put it into words. There is just no way to describe how awful it is down there. Not just my own house, but the whole city. It really does look like a war zone. It looks like a bomb hit the city, and the city has been abandoned for many years. Every tree and plant is either dead or near dead. A gray sooty dusty film is covering everything, the ground, cars, builings, etc. As for my house, it only had about 2 1/2 feet of water in it, but the mold has taken over. Whatever wasnt damaged by the water is covered in thick black mold.
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just gotta say that a big thank you goes out to the admin of this site! Staying put to keep the servers going, I must say. That takes balls and dedication!
Check all advice given with a meter
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi overworked2, thanks, but I left the night before Katrina came through here immediately after backing up this site and had it up on a temporary server a few days later. Fortunately our server survived and we've been back on it for several weeks now.

CutDog504, yes, it is hard to describe. I lose my voice because of the mold every time I go to the South Shore. It's funny how excited we all get down here when any restaurant or store reopens, especially when a bar reopens. The gas stations still run out of gas over here about once a week. Just this past week, the parish began picking up the trees and debris in my neighborhood, but they say it may take up to 18 months before it's all collected. Yesterday, I was finally able to have someone look at my roof and hope to have it replaced by the end of this month. BTW, were you able to salvage anything from your house? 

So any details? Hurricane Katrina - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Afew things yes. Pictures that were on the walls, dishes in the upper kitchen wall cabinets and I had some of my tools hanging on pegboard in the garage that didnt get wet. Other than those few things, everthing was ruined. Oh, and the tv in my bedroom I was able to save. Because it was high up sitting on top of my chest of drawers. And now my insurance company is trying to lowball me. They are trying to give me less than a third of what I was insured for!! They claim they dont cover mold damage, and they say all my contents are depreciated. I think I need to talk with a lawyer.
the12volt 
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

I've been hearing all kinds of stories about insurance adjusters/settlements. I'm scheduled to meet with mine this Friday. Hopefully he's as fair as my neighbor's adjuster. I'll let you know how it goes. BTW, what insurance company are you dealing with? 

CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Some bullshhh ass company called Fidelity Flood
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic