icon

Clifford Matrix RSIII Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreativesailor 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a Clifford Matrix RS III in a 2001 Ford Expedition about 4 months ago.  The remote start  worked great until recently. Most of the time when I Remote start the vehicle it will come on and stay on for about a minute or less. Sometimes a little longer but eventually shuts down before it gets to the specified run time.

I have change the voltage sensitivity to see if that may have been an issue. Also the engine checking on and engine checking tach. Did not worked.

According to the shutdown diagnostic on the installation guide the engine shut down because of  "Over-rev shutdown" 

What does this means? I read through the entire installation guide and can't still figure it out. Any help will be appreciated big time. Thanks in advance for any help I could get.

You can try and fail but dont fail to try...
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
You are probably using a coil for tach signal.   Switch to an injector, and learn tach at about 1500 RPM's.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Try an injector wire like jw worm said. If not try to progam engine check 3-2 and voltage check low 3-6 leave engine checking 3-1 on and try that i have found that some times its better to go with out a tach then it wont get a over rev  default
KingOfTheWorld 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have a copy of install manual, I recently bought a 02 denali with this RSIII installed, I've done multiple searches on threads to no avail and now I need to do some repairs. Maybe a link or email @ dennis400@comcast.net ? I also have a fax if needed.

Thanx

Den

"I would live in the fast lane, but I married a speed bump."
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/N909554_2-03.pdf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic