icon

Wierd noise comming from subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have a preaty big problem here, i have 3 12's, pioneer priemers, that are hooked up to a hifoniks bruitus amp pushing 1200 rms into the 3 subs at 1 ohm, then i have another amp running my 4 door speakers. my problem here is that i just put a 0 gauge amp hit in my car and now my car makes this really weird noise like the subs are picking up radio waves or somethin even when the volume is on 0. i have the 0 gauge running into a 150 amp fuse with a digital display, then that is running into a distributor block, the distibutor block is 0 gauge in and i have a 4 gauge going to my hifoniks amp and a 8 gauge goin to my 300 watt door speaker amp. when i hook everything up the doors work but then the subs make that wierd noise and it makes it even when i unhook the rca's and everything, the only way that it the noise stops is when i unhook the power wire. but my door speaker amp works all the time. also another crazy thing that is happening is the subs still work and hit just as hard as they did when it didnt make this noise, ive never seen or heard of this at all. i moved my rca's too to see if there was interference there and it didnt help. so if anyone knows what the hell to do i would really like you to help me out here becuse this is driving me nuts.
Blinden 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
Is your sub amp grounded the same as your multi-channel amp? if they are grounded in different locations, a bad ground could be your problem.
I can't really tell though, your post is pretty hard to read.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X579 HU
More on the way...
oxygen65 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

no both amps are grouded to the same ground, the 4 gauge and the 8 gauge are going into a distributer block and that goes into a 0 gauge wire that is grounded

Hickmanae3 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
How long is your rca cables becuase if there to long you could be picking up other frequencies, Or maybe your frequenceis on the amp need to be adjusted
No security system can beat the tow truck :(
JoeMetal 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Did you run the power and signal cables down the same side of the car? I used to have the same problem, but I moved my signal cable to the passenger side and it fixed it.
JoeMetal 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Did you run the power and signal cables down the same side of the car? I used to have the same problem, but I moved my signal cable to the passenger side and it fixed it.
oxygen65 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
my rca's are 20 feet long, but only the rca that is needed is run as far as it needs to go the rest of it is tucked away behind my hu and no all my cables are not run on the same side my power runs down the drivers side and rca's and remote turn on and everything are on the passenger side. everything is installed right, but i just have no idea what the hell this nouse is.
furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Correct me if I am wrong, but if your remote wire is ran with your rca jacks, your noise is comming from that. Also try a different ground point. You might also want to check that your rca's are not loose behind your hu.
oxygen65 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
but the thing is i have had the both those wires run that way the whole time. what happend was that the whole thing worked, then i turned it up to a normal listening volume, the music cut out and the subs have been making this noise ever since.
stonedmonkey 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
I would agree with the folks that say to change the ground. I had that same situation with mine (or sounds the same). My sub sounded all good until one day, just started to making this noise even when I unhooked the rca's. finally talked to a friend who told me that it could be the problem and we drilled a hole and scraped some paint away. Ran a new bolt in and now, sounding good again. just my experience though.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic