the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

hvlp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
Any compressor with a regulator and in-line filter will work.  The HVLP guns just require less pressure to spray evenly than the siphon feed guns do.  The most important thing about buying a spray gun is that it has the proper tip and needle, and that you keep everyhting really clean.
Good Luck!
-Thad
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thats completely wrong!

HVLP, stands for High Volume Low Pressure, This means you need a compressor large enough to supply the gun with a huge amount of air. The Air cap then atomises the paint and sprays a much softer fan. Most HVLP guns work off between 9 and 15cfm.

You are talking about the difference between syphon and gravity fed guns, theres not much difference really, just preference, grav guns are easier to get into awkward places to spray,

If you are on a budget, get a conventional spray gun and a cheap compressor. this should do your interior panels no problem!

abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
Also an HVLP gun is great on applying thinner layers and reducing overspray. An awesome gun to start out with is a Devilbliss finishline III. This was my first gun and it never let me down. You can get diferent size needle/cap sizes and spray many diferent kinds of materials.
modena0 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
abovestock, i was planning on getting a FinishLine 3, what were you using for a compressor?
2000 Chevrolet S10
Premier DEH-P860MP
JL Audio XR650-CSi components
Boston 4x6 splits
JL Audio 10W3v2
Alpine MRP-M350
Clarion APA-4162
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I am runing a 60 gallon husky air compressor. I do not know how small of a compressor you could get away with though. I have been wondering, I need to get a second one becouse my big one sits at my parents house and I live in a small condo. I need one bad so please let me know what you find out.
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  

for a finishline gun, id go with a 3hp or above motor, with at least a 30 gallon tank.

basically looking for about 12cfm or above.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic