icon

RCA problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slicksteveo 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
alright i have two twelves hooked up to and amp the RCA cable from teh back of the deck is going to the input on the amp then from the output on that ampp it is going to the input on an amp for my speakers, but the subs are not even hitting as hard as they usually do and when it gets to a certain volume the speakers cut out, is there ne thing i should check or ne thing?
pioneer head unit, dual 6.5 door speakers, rear pioneer 6x9s, 2 aw1208t audiobahn subs 1500 watts RMS each, one virtual reality 400 watt amp, and one 3000 watt Boss mono channel class D amp
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a possible ground problem. recheck your ground and make sure you have a solid connection.
slicksteveo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
r u sure its the ground connection like the sub are still on when the speakers cut out, but my  subs yesterday hit really ahrd and to day theres like nothing?
pioneer head unit, dual 6.5 door speakers, rear pioneer 6x9s, 2 aw1208t audiobahn subs 1500 watts RMS each, one virtual reality 400 watt amp, and one 3000 watt Boss mono channel class D amp
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I'd agree- check the ground first.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
So you're using one set of RCA's for two different amps?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
We need to know if you made any changes at all to the system or to the car since it was working fine.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
slicksteveo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
no i havent it was working fine then drivin around one day it just started doing this, so ya i dont no wat happened....
slicksteveo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
i went adn hooked up one of the subs to the amp and it seems to be fine could it be the amp just got over load or couldnt give off ne more power at that ohm rating?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic