the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 791 xv remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done installing this alarm into my 91 crx si, the only problem is the remote start is not working.  I heard you can't do remote starts on manuals for safety reasons, but if I ground the neutral safety switch it should still work right?  I've connected the 12+ constant, the ignition, and the starter wire, grounded the nss, and brake light switch, and still nothing.  Any ideas, oh yeah and the clutch is bypassed already so I don't need to engage clutch to start vehicle with keys.  I have not hooked up the tach wire but that is optional right?  Thanks.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Does it attempt to CRANK?
If NOT......Have you metered the Start Wire?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
You have to have the tach learned or voltage sense programmed or it won't do anything.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Check check and re check all of your connections.
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

check the hood pin

ty 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
ok, it does not crank, it says it is starting on the remote though.  I will hook up the tach and learn it and also check all the connections, I used the splice taps so maybe I will just strip the wire down and just do it the right way and solder all the connections, I guess I was being lazy.  And it is not the hood pin, and I haven't metered the starter wire, what would this accomplish mo12v?  I am not being sarcastic I am really serious?  Thanks for all the input guys keep it coming. 
ty 
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
also I didn't hook up the accessory wire because I thought that this is just for the climate system and I don't really care about warming up my car, but anyway now that I think about it I'm guessing this wire needs to be hooked up as well.  ???

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic