icon

94 Jeep Grand Cherokee HU

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trixreppinva 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
I need to put a head unit in a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I just wanted to know if there is anything that I need to know, like is there any hidden screws or anything.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Does it have the infinity sound system, gold or standard? or is it just mopar? if mopar your good to go, if its infinity it has an amp located under the rear passengers seat and that will require a pac interface I belive its oem-1 but i would have to look it up
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
couldn't you just use the remote on wire on the aftermarket deck to control the factory amp? seems to me that's what i've done in other dodge vehicles with a factory amp and it worked fine
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
trixreppinva 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Well I mean he already has an aftermarket head unit in his truck so basically i'm just changing the head units
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
well..that makes it even easyer, just remove the old aftermarket HU. and connect the new one to the wire harness he already has in there...take note of the wires that are connected or not connected befor cutting any wire, the colour codes should be the same for both HU's  and it should be very simple. the hardest part is getting the deck out without the keys for removing the aftermarket deck...can't help ya there. but any local shop should be able to pop it out enough for you to pull it out for nothing.  and it'll take 30 sec's
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic