icon

Possible RS-750LCD problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pincushion79 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon with an Autopage RS-750LCD installed.  The other day I took the kids to the park and when we were ready to leave I went to the car and tried to disarm but nothing happened.  I opened the door and no alarm went off.  I was angry but just wanted to get home.  I tried to start the car, but nothing.  I had the battery checked and it was good.  Nothing happens with the alarm.  When in accessory and start the clock,stereo, a/c, windows, etc. don't come on and nothing happens with the starter motor so my car is now a brick.  The only guess I have is that about 3 weeks ago I recieved a new remote and since I did not have the LED installed to save my dash from a hole I had to take it to the local authorized dealer/installer.  He figured out that the valet button was inop and said he put in another one...to this day I can't find it.  He got the remote programmed and I was off.  A couple miles away the whole alarm system fell from up in the dash and was hanging down by my feet.  I did not and do not want to go back to that guy, his shop is the only one in the san antonio area so I am out of luck with finding a competant installer.  In the past 3 weeks several wierd things have happened.  My remote, out of nowhere beeps as if the alarm has armed, but I armed it hours before.  Please any help would be appreciated. 
pincushion79 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, no fuses are blown either.
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Someone programmed the remote out of range check which is what the beep is..
It sounds this alarm is a mish mash install. This needs to be looked at in person. I don't know what else to advice over the net..sorry.
pincushion79 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I decided to take the alarm out just to make sure it was the alarm that killed my car.  I returned all of the ignition wiring back to normal (I think) and took out the starter kill relay.  I still have the same problem.  No power on acc or start.  I used my voltmeter to check on the hot wires (constant 12v) and found 0.  The battery is good because the headlights and dome light works, just no acc/heat or start power....Help!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic