icon

Good 5 channel amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajelectronics 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, i'm looking to do a simple install into my Maxima. I was thinking about going with components up front, coaxials in the rear and prob a single 12" sub all powered by a 5 channel amp. What are you opinions on the 5 channels out there?? Any that would recommend?? I was looking at the JL 500/5, the Alpine 5 channel and the Kicker KX700.5 Let me know what you guys think of those.
racerx3165 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a good simple install dont forget Rockford Fosgate makes a 5 channel also and can be had for pretty cheap on E-Bay.

Talon3002 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
I use ECLIPSE EA3532 with NO problem at all,no overheating no cutout.Very clear sound!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
In no particular order of preference, the Memphis Belle 1300, the Memphis Belle 600, the Eclipse PA5532, or as Talon3002 suggested above, the now sadly discontinued, EA3532. All good products, that would serve well...
Avoid the Rockford products... NOT SQ amps in any respect. Loud, but nasty sounding... Nowhere CLOSE to the quality of the above mentioned products. Not as reliable as they used to be, either. (but that's not saying much...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Memphis belle 1300 for sure. 1,100 watts @ 1 ohm sub channel + 75 watts x 4 is the way to go.
cold 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
thats the same setup I just installed in my ride!
I got the eclipse
mentioned above and it is bangin. saves some space and the bass is rinsing.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse PA5532 or Crossfire VR705D. The latter is a stand off favorite 5 channel amp.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic