icon

Durango Center Console Progress, Pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BlueCC00RT 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
your center dash piece is it hold nicely without those bottom 2 screws? I was thinking of molding my console into that piece as well. Not too sure if it would be flimsy or not
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
TCal, absolutely amazing man.  I just cant get over how good that mdf looks. You have an awesome ability man. It feels great too dont it, too see your project coming together like that knowing you built it yourself. Man I love that feeling.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
TCalYen 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

BlueCC00RT wrote:
your center dash piece is it hold nicely without those bottom 2 screws? I was thinking of molding my console into that piece as well. Not too sure if it would be flimsy or not

Damn dude,

I replied to your post awhile back and it didn't update.  Without screws the console is secure and fits snug.  I'm planning on using screws next to the glove box, next to the panel under the steering wheel, and along the brackets for the rear part of the console.

TCalYen
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

realitycheck wrote:
TCal, absolutely amazing man.  I just cant get over how good that mdf looks. You have an awesome ability man. It feels great too dont it, too see your project coming together like that knowing you built it yourself. Man I love that feeling.

Thanks man... yea it's always fufilling to do your own work... I've pretty much built this truck from the ground up... suspension, engine, audio / vid system, paint, etc... all done by me.

I went with the mdf because what I wanted was much simpler to do with mdf as opposed to glass.  I would have had to build a frame for the console that would have looked the same as I got with full mdf.  Not to mention, intigrating the storage compartments in the rear of the console would have been next to impossible to do if the sides were glassed.

TCalYen
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thats awesome man, how long did it take to master painting?

Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm no master painter man... just painted all of the interior pieces and preped everything on the outside when needed.
TCalYen
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

TCalYen

You could also make a mold of the factory center console. That 's what I did for mine.  I just finished my last piece yesterday and so glad.  It's been a long 7 months. 
Respect the Blood Line
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
OnE_DIEU wrote:

TCalYen

You could also make a mold of the factory center console. That 's what I did for mine.  I just finished my last piece yesterday and so glad.  It's been a long 7 months. 

Cool... I hope you took A LOT OF PICS... please start a thread and post any pics you have...  How did you make the mold btw... was it easy to get off?

TCalYen
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
hey man looks AWESOME! what if you use like a 6.5" speaker grill over your hole for the 4x4 shifter it might help hide it and what not? other than that looks great! 
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

BoominRolla wrote:
hey man looks AWESOME! what if you use like a 6.5" speaker grill over your hole for the 4x4 shifter it might help hide it and what not? other than that looks great! 

I'm using the circular panel that I made that conforms with the curves of the console.  I'm going to wrap it in black tweed or prep it and paint it.  Probably going to be the tweed though.

TCalYen
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic