Durango Center Console Progress, Pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TCalYen 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

realitycheck wrote:
Man I cant wait to see this thing finished. Hey Tcal any luck with the compressor and spray gun?

No luck yet... I think I found a 35gallon tank and a 6hp compressor that is like 350 shipped to Miami.  I might go with that on.  Problem is that I want this thing painted right away.

TCalYen
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
no doubt bro. Just stay patient though, and get your gear. The last thing you want is to jump the gun and get some runs or foul overspray. I really enjoy keeping up with this build. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Right on... it sucks that I just moved down to South Florida about two years ago... I don't have any boys or contacts down here that can hook  me up...  I'm going to go to a few shops that I have had some things painted at to see if they can do it cheap... otherwise I'm waiting...

...which also sucks because I'd like to sell the D soon because I need to get a truck AND I've got  my eyes on a sweet one that just might be sold by the time the console and leather is done and I sell the D.

TCalYen
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't think it would be more than a hundred to get it sprayed and cleared. I can;t believe ya did all that work and your not keeping it for a while to enjoy it? Thats your biz though, lol. Keep us posted.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

lathan wrote:
I wouldn't think it would be more than a hundred to get it sprayed and cleared. I can;t believe ya did all that work and your not keeping it for a while to enjoy it? Thats your biz though, lol. Keep us posted.

If you're talking about the truck as I whole... I hear ya... there isn't an inch on it that hasn't been customized in some way... if you're talking about just the work done to the center console... it's no biggie.

I'm trying to land a 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi with less than 10K miles, bone stock, exept for bages and 22's.  I need a pickup.

If you haven't seen other pics of the Durango you can go to the below link and then scroll down and click on the various categories.

http://www.unifiedcustoms.com/ucustoms/members/members.htm

TCalYen
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
No new updated yet... we haven't had power for 6 days due to Hurricane Wilma...
TCalYen
crxguy455 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
TCalYen wrote:

lathan wrote:

If you're talking about the truck as I whole... I hear ya... there isn't an inch on it that hasn't been customized in some way... if you're talking about just the work done to the center console... it's no biggie.

I'm trying to land a 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi with less than 10K miles, bone stock, exept for bages and 22's.  I need a pickup.

If you haven't seen other pics of the Durango you can go to the below link and then scroll down and click on the various categories.

http://www.unifiedcustoms.com/ucustoms/members/members.htm

Don't sell the Durango for a pickup, can't you just chop the top man?

blah
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Didn't think I forgot about finishing up the thread did you...

I bit the bullet and threw down to have the CC painted because I couldn't find an airtank and compressor for the right price yet.

The series of pics below are from right after getting it painted until I finished up last night.  Overall I would rate the astetics of the console at a 9.5 out of 10.... talking about finish, paint, etc.  The functionality is pretty good also with storage for cds and also a compartment along the length of the rear part of the console.  And the removable panel for the front LCD is key if I ever want to change the front monitor to another brand.  I'll only have to remake that panel instead of f'ing with the entire front part of the console.  The only thing that I would of done differently is made it easier to do the wiring, etc.

At the very bottom is a link to a mpeg of the center console... any of you buggers that still have dial up... don't even bother clicking on it... it's 34megs.

Durango Center Console Progress, Pics - Page 8 -- posted image.

I know it doesn't look it... but it's any extremely organized mess.

Storage compartments... the sides will be lined with black tweed as well.

Notice my other switch panel underneath the steering column.

HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE CONSOLE... CLICK THE LINK.

http://www.tcalyenindustries.com/tcalyen_files/durango/cc.mpg

I JUST HAVE TO FINISH THE LEATHER AND THEN THE D IS DONE... IT'LL BE UP FOR SALE SHORTLY AFTER.  I'LL POST PICS OF THE COMPLETED VEHICLE WHEN I'M DONE WITH THE LEATHER.

If you are interested in seeing the Durango... go to www.UnifiedCustoms.com and click on "Members" and then scroll down and you'll see links to the various categories of cutomizations done to the Durango.  Click on the links for a list and there is another link to the pictures on each page.

Later,

TCalYen

TCalYen
rustyspring03 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
beautiful! now get that idea of sellin it outta your head its too nice to sell but great work everything has come together great.
Rusty Spring
98 s10 reg cab
Type R 12 Inverted between seats
Type R 6.5 for doors
Type S 5.25 on the dash
Alpine MRD-M605 mono
Alpine MRV-F345 4ch
TCalYen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks man... no biggie on selling it... I'm going to start again building a vehicle per year.  I've got my eyes on another project or two.

The thing is... I don't like watching television so I've got a lot of free time on my hands... Figure the average American watches between 10 and 20 hours of TV per week... how much do you think you could learn about what interests you per week.

Thanks for the comps on the CC.

TCalYen
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic