kicker l7 fiberglass size?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasondavis 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

I have a kicker sx1250.1 amp and I just ordered 2 solobaric l7 12" 4ohms

I am going to have a guy build me an enclosure made of fiberglass for the 2 l7's but I need to come up with a good airspace that would sound good and I know some of you have run the same speakers and amp together so maybe your could recommend a good air space, I think kicker says like .88 sq. ft is all it needs, but I don't think that would be very loud, any help appreciated, im new to this stuff

jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you are looking for SPL, which i hope you are if you are using L7's, then i would definately use a ported enclosure. In the owners manual it will show you several ported box designs to give you a good start on how much airspace you will want.
Jazzy
jasondavis 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
I know a ported design would be louder but I would like to get the best sound I can from those speakers from a sealed enclosure, I have seen a lot of sealed L7's on the net so i'm sure it can be done and sound decent?
jasondavis 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
What type of music do you listen to? They recommend anywhere from .88 to 2.0 cu.ft per sub. If it were me I would go with 1.5 to 1.75 cu.ft per sub. My S12L5 is in a 3cu.ft vented enclosure. But I went for SPL.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic