icon

system, 04 Chevy Silverado?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ice8168 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  

After being out of car audio for some time, I am putting together a system for an 04 Chevy Silverado single cab.  I would like two twelves or three tens,  however I need a sub that is shallow enough so I dont kill what leg room the truck has.  There is 6-7 inches or room behind the seats (I might be able to squeez a little more).  Subs need to be able to handle at least 300-400w rms each.

Aslo some help on the 2 12s or 3 10s would be good.  I would like the system to go loud (main concern), but I would like to keep some type of SQ.  What suggestions would ya'll as far as quality subs go.  I know the 12s will go slightely deeper, but is it enough to make a difference?

Aslo, what is a quality set of components (6.5") for the front doors?Amps to power the system?

I would like to creat a system that has all the major components (subs, amps, mids/highs) that are manufactured by the same company.(I'm picky)

So far the truck has 70^2ft of sound deadner and a 1/0 power run to the rear.

mini14 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
that sucks because though they make boxes for trucks that hold 1 or even 2 12's is amazing. you cant get proper bass from one 12" in a box that shallow. just stick with one 12" or get a bazooka tube just because the amp you have may push lets say 1000 watts doesn't mean you have to use all of it   most times the jump in overall volume isn't that much with say 100 watts extra once you're past say 300 watts the rest is overkill to some extent
Alpine CDA-9847---Alpine MRP-T220---Eclipse 36201---6.5" Type S Components---6.5" Type S Coaxials---2 10" Thunder6000's Isobaric
ice8168 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

So your saying that I wont get proper bass response if the box is too shallow? That does suck.

I had a 2000 silverado single cab that had two Pioneer Premier 12" (with the nickle cone) that were powered by a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 and it seemed to get loud and low.  The magnets were very close to the rear wall and I thick I had .68^3 Ft.  I would like to do something like that again.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
i would go with 2 12" soundstream van gogh's and also you can have all your gear match check out www.soundstream.com  the van gogh's will handle the power you want to run will work in the air space you have to work with and mounting depth as well
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
ice8168 wrote:

So your saying that I wont get proper bass response if the box is too shallow? That does suck.

That is an incorrect statement.  As long as your subwoofer enclosure has sufficient mounting depth to accommodate the speaker and the correct total interior volume, the dimensions do not matter enough to make any difference.  Look to any shallow mount speaker that will fit into the available space.

Support the12volt.com
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Small spaces = Kicker Solo Baric subs. I had 3 10's behind the seat of a 96 gmc sonoma. They were the original L7's
ice8168 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Dyohn for clearing that up.  I was getting worried.  So sounstream is an option.  I have never delt with their equipment, is it good quality stuff?

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
i have had great luck with soundstream products old and new  there higher end stuff is great and the lower end amps that i have installed put out plenty of power  only set back was the current draw
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
ice8168 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I guess that will be the direction I go.  Are their co-axial any goo.  Which line of speakers and amps should I go with, they have so many different models.  I am kicking the idea of  three 10s around. what do you think.
mini14 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
thats not neccessarily what i meant   shallow doesn't mean not good   but since its so shallow you wont have the room to house two 12's sufficiently, now i could be wrong and if i am i apologize, but two 12's in a truck isn't really neccesary anyway with a good amp good choice with the sound deadner and 0 gauge   but i will say this also   going same brand on everything may not be the best idea   i know it may look better with the same brand all around but some brands are better at somme things   i have some old school 2 channnel ppi amps and some xtant mono blocks from the same era if you are interested   great quality ask anyone on here
Alpine CDA-9847---Alpine MRP-T220---Eclipse 36201---6.5" Type S Components---6.5" Type S Coaxials---2 10" Thunder6000's Isobaric
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic