icon

Pioneer or Alpine?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
micahsmith 00 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

i'm looking to get a cd player this week, and i came down to 2  cd players i liked. one was a pioneer deh-p9600mp and the other was an alpine cda-9827. i already picked out my alpine type S 12" with the alpine mrp-m350 (350wrms @ 2ohm). which would be best to go with? or would either sound just as good? i really like the looks of the p9600 but the friend I mentioned before who is helping me said go with Alpine cause it's better. the p9600mp has 3preouts and 4volts, and the alpine only has 2 volts and I think 3 preouts. so that pioneer is more powerful, right?. If anyone has either of those cdplayers can you give me some opinions on it? Or if anyone know alot about either of those?

Another question of mine is, Infinity Kappas or Alpine type S component speakers? I had my mind set on the alpine's from my previous thread that someone pointed out to me, but my friend let me listen to his kappa's and they sounded really good. Which would be best to go with?

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
for you first  ? the head unit the pioneer is the way to go IMO pioneer makes better H/U's and the preouts  4 volt is much better than 2 volt  and for the componets i would have to say that the kappa's are better than the alpines for SQ
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
If it is a 9827 ( last years model ) as opposed to a 9847 ( this years model ) it does in fact have 4 volt pre outs. Also this unit will allow you the adjust the sub independently from the highs ( bass engine ). It should also save you some money, disregard looks and I'd get the Alpine.
rlandwehrle 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
pioneer can do that to! pioneer also has a high pass filter built in.so the speakers can reduce distortion from lows they cant handel.also a 13 band eq.go to pioneerusa.com and read all the little toys that come in the bundel.i like the mic it comes with.
1 pioneer deh-7700mp hu
1 lanzar htg2600d amp
2 sets rf 5 1/4 componets
2 alpine type r 12's(2005 series)
1 large ported box
1 rf 1.0 ferad rf cap
1 realy loud 2004 hyundai accent

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic