icon

AVIC-N2, 2003 Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bajaclawz71 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

When I installed this unit in my truck the other day I gruonded the parking brake wire since I figured that I would be doing the bypass in the near future.  But now I can't play dvds while I am stopped.  The navigation works fine.  My question is...is it doing this because I grounded the parking brake wire.  Right now when I turn the unit on a warning pops up on the screen telling me that it detects the the parking brake wire was incorrectly attached.  What do I need to do in order to play movies in the time period before I do the bypass.  Also once I do the bypass will this warning still pop up?  And is there any way to prevent the XM Radio pop ups saying that the signal is updating or whatever?

Thanks in advacne,

Blake

stavy customs1 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
use the search feature
Best Buy Installer
bajaclawz71 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

stavy customs1 wrote:
use the search feature

I have been...but nothing answered this question?

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Just do the bypass.  It takes thirty seconds and it would take you longer to wire up the parking brake wire properly than to do the bypass.  As for the "updating" message, it will go away once you activate the traffic portion of the service.  If your not going to use the traffic part, disconnect the data cable and it will go away
bajaclawz71 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

whtcrxghst wrote:
Just do the bypass.  It takes thirty seconds and it would take you longer to wire up the parking brake wire properly than to do the bypass.  As for the "updating" message, it will go away once you activate the traffic portion of the service.  If your not going to use the traffic part, disconnect the data cable and it will go away

I am using the XM radio but not the navtraffic..so is my only option to also buy the navtraffic?

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
No, just unplug the data cable from either the XM tuner or the N2
bajaclawz71 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Oh that is good...thank you for your help.
bajaclawz71 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed the AVIC-N2 in my silverado a few days ago and when the volume is turned all the way down to zero I can here static coming from the speakers (mainly the tweeters).  It does not increase as I rev the engine either.  Also the AVIC-N2 makes quite a bit more noise than a regular cd player which I can understand but I just want to make sure that this is normal as well.  Also I still have the stock Bose speakers in my vehicle and the stock Bose amp in the center console.  I did have to remount the amp on its side in order to fit the hide away unit and xm radio box in there with it but I don't think that that is causing the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Blake

bajaclawz71 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where the VSS wire on a 2003 silverado is...I know that it goes into the BCM but what color plug does it go into.  Also is there anyway to test for it?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
bajaclawz71 wrote:
Does anyone know where the VSS wire on a 2003 silverado is...I know that it goes into the BCM but what color plug does it go into.  Also is there anyway to test for it?
I always grab VSS at the instrument cluster on that truck, it's GREEN / WHITE
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic