icon

compustar 2w900ss remote learn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
i just installed a compustar 2w900ss into a 99 acura integra but i am unable to get the remote to learn.
i turn the ignition on/off 5 times and i hear the relay click 1 time (remote learned), 2-3 seconds later, it clicks 2 times (exiting learn mode). the bad part is that during this time, i did not have a chance to put the battery in the remote so there is no way it could have been learned. the remote doesn't even turn on when i put the battery in. is the remote bad? am i "learning" the remote correctly?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, could be a bad remote. Normally you should get some music and it should display something. Yes, you are learning the remote correctly.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.compustar 2w900ss remote learn -- posted image.
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
If you have the black remote which I am pretty sure the "SS" model is, you first have to take the battery out of the remote, turn ignition on/off 5 times, quickly put the battery in then press button one. Let me know how it goes.
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
thepencil - i think the remote is bad because i had my friend (that the compustar is installed in) call his brother which has the same system (not installed) and had him put the battery in. it turned on and made sounds. sounds like a bad remote.
dfiddy - it is a black remote. i can get the relay to click but it quickly jumps out of "learn" mode. i think i'll just have to wait for a new remote before i can finish the install.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic