icon

CRV front door speaker wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gooney 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to run new speaker wires from an amplifier to the front door speaker in my 2001 CRV. Has anyone tried to run new speakers wires to the front door speakers in a CRV before??
The problem I have is that just before the entry to the black rubber canal, in the interior of the door, there is a white plastic piece, that allows acts as a bridge(more like tunnel) and allows all the individual wires from the door (power windows, locks, etc) to go through it in order to go in to the black canal. It is a white hard plastic piece and has tiny holes for the different door wires.
Is there any way to get the speaker wire through this piece? Does this piece come off?
Thank You for your help in advance.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
Ahhh yes.... it lovely Honda doorjamb connector. Be prepared to be very very angry at Honda by the time you get your 2 wires into the door. You have 2 options.
1) Find appropriate male and female pins, crimp, and repin in a couple extra locations on each portion of the connector.
2) Carefully drill into an extra point on the outside of the connector, and "go around" it.
Either way, not a fun thing to do (getting any sort of wire into a Honda door is a personal pet peeve of mine)
Gus
Gimmie a VW any day.....
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
i would just run the wires from the amp to the haed unit and use the factory wiring from the harness.
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
^^^^^^^^Yep, alot easier that way^^^^^^^^^^^
gooney 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
How exactly do you run the wires form the amp to the head unit? how will the head unit get the power from the amp to give to the speakers?
On the back of the HU, there are pre-amp output plugs. Do you mean to connect the amp/rca wires from the HU to the amp, and then run speaker wires from the amp back to the HU and somehow connect the speaker wires to the factory wires??
monkeysan 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

You are correct.  You do not run the speaker wires to the head unit itself, but the factory wiring harness for your original head unit (that your  aftermarket head unit is connected to) has front speaker leads you can tap into that lead to the door speakers.  The power is still coming from your amp.  You need to send an output signal (from the HU) to the amp with your RCA cables.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic