icon

A few questions concerning 1WAMS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crackerman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  

i have a 1WAMS and have a few questions.

1.  it takes about a minute after i press the remote start button for the car to start up.  all the electonics (cd player, radar detector, etc.) turn on immediately, but i have to wait for the car to turn over.  it used to turn over right away, but not anymore.  it turns on the electronics, sits for a minute not doing anything and then starts.  why would this be?  and what can i do? 

2. i have a cheap bulldog alarm with no visual deterrent and was curious if i could i wire this: http://http:///.com/ebaymotors/VARAD-Hyper-Bright-Flashing-Car-Alarm-SUPER-RED-LED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33720QQitemZ8000084637QQrdZ1 up to my 1WAMS?  

3. can i program my 1WAMS to open my trunk?  what hardware do i need to make it work?

thanks in advance.

crackerman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?  please?
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
What is the year make and model of the vehicle so we can try and help ya out here fella. As for you trunk you can't "program" it but you can wire it up from the 1wams to pop your trunk. Can you only access the trunk through the pull lever? If so then you will have to add a trunk release selenoid. However if you have a push button some where in the vehicle (glovebox, underdash, etc...) there a couple possibilities. If it's straight negative trigger for the trunk, you can use the PURPLE / white wire off the keyless harness of the 1wams. If it's a positive trigger, or 5 wire trigger you will have to use a relay. Test to see which it is. As for the waiting a minute for the vehicle to start after you pressed the button on the remote, make sure your wait to start negative or positive is seeing power or ground if the harness on the 1wams is even plugged in. Could be a anti theft issue, could be the 1wams itself, could be a variable of things. A little more info of the vehicle that you are working on would help out bit though. :) BTW the link you posted isn't working.
crackerman 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

the car is a 1990 toyota celica gt

no button.  only pull lever and key open the trunk right now.  i'm sure there are writeups on here and other places for adding a trunk release solenoid.

the link was just one of those ebay flashing LED's. 

as for its delayed starting, i have no idea what the reason is.  it used to start right up after i held the starter button on the remote.  now all of a sudden, like i said it turns on the electronics right away, then sits for about a minute, and then cranks and starts.  i've never touched the 1wams unit itself, nor has anyone else since it was installed.

thankjs again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic