icon

Alpine Iva-d310

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hifistratus 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the D-310 into my dodge, I connected the parking break lead to the parking break and grounded out the foot brake lead. A installer at a local shop said i could do this and be fine so i did it. Now i'm wondering if this is the reason why my player will not play dvd's. I can hear the dvd and the music coming from it but it has no picture. Is this because of the foot brake lead?
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
the best bet for that one is to buy the bypass module. it needs to be toggled to work.
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

hey. i also have the d310. there are two leads for the dvd to play. if u read the owners manual it says that you have to push the break pedal .. hold it.. push on the emergency break..  release the E brake.. push it again then let go of the brake pedal.. i believe that is the sequence.. anyways.. i just wired my up to two switches.. push the one down.. flip the other one a couple times.  then flip the first switch back.. something like that.. it works thats all i know.. kinda a pain in the ass...  anyways..

hey blazeronspokes or anyone.. where can you find a bypass module for the alpine d310? i know everyone says ebay.. but what should i search for?

SSounds
soundzplus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ive got em ... they are $35 -

Simple install ...

soundzplus@aol.com

Soundz Plus, Inc
Complete Custom Car Audio
Warrenville, IL
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

your footbrake lead needs to see 12V; parking brake needs a ground

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
hifistratus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

hey. i also have the d310. there are two leads for the dvd to play. if u read the owners manual it says that you have to push the break pedal .. hold it.. push on the emergency break..  release the E brake.. push it again then let go of the brake pedal.. i believe that is the sequence.. anyways.. i just wired my up to two switches.. push the one down.. flip the other one a couple times.  then flip the first switch back.. something like that.. it works thats all i know.. kinda a pain in the ass...  anyways..

hey blazeronspokes or anyone.. where can you find a bypass module for the alpine d310? i know everyone says ebay.. but what should i search for?

Yes it does say that in the manual, But if you read under that it says for car with automatic transmissions just leave the car in park! So i was wondering if the foot brake lead was for manual transmissions vehicles only!

hifistratus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

hey. i also have the d310. there are two leads for the dvd to play. if u read the owners manual it says that you have to push the break pedal .. hold it.. push on the emergency break..  release the E brake.. push it again then let go of the brake pedal.. i believe that is the sequence.. anyways.. i just wired my up to two switches.. push the one down.. flip the other one a couple times.  then flip the first switch back.. something like that.. it works thats all i know.. kinda a pain in the ass...  anyways.

I noticed you say you hooked them up to 2 switches, How did you go about doing that?

ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

hmm. i really sorry dont remember.. i know u just act as if u are pushing on the break when you put the one switch down.. leave it down.. then the other switch u toggle back and forth making it look like u are doing the sequence.. 12volt 0volt... 12 volt... 0 volts... get the pic.. then u release the footbrake (button up, (off))

no.. u need the foot brake.. (no quotes here.. lol) alpine has a certain sequence.. am i repeated myself? ahhh.. should have smoked pot for all those years.

hey soundz.. u got yahoo messenger?

SSounds
hifistratus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
I figured out the problem, I ran the foot brake lead wire to a switch, Then ran a 12 volt constant power and ground to the switch. My dvds now have picture!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic