the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

aftermarket doorlock conversion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Lock Doors & Try supplying a direct momentary Ground to the BLUE wire on the GMDL-BP..........  If that works I would suspect your prostart 3300 ........If that doesn't work then I would want to try another GMDL-BP if you had it wired wrong before.........
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
seanhart 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok i took your advice and grounded the blue wire and it unlocked the driver door.. then i grounded it again a second time a second after the first and it unlocked the passenger door. i reconnected everything. now when i have the key in the ignition in the on position the doorlocks work perfectly. once i remove the key.... the lock function works great but the unlock funtion does crazy stuff. sometimes it will unlock the drivers door.. then press it a few more time and it witll unlock the passenger. other times after i press it a few more times it will lock the doors... i am totally clueless why it is acting this way.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
If you Grounded Blue wire on GMDL-BP & it unlocked then I would check you Alarm Module.  It seems unlikek\ly that you would need a stronger ground, so you may have a problem with the Alarm Module
MO
seanhart 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
there are a few things in the remote start programming that i dont really understand thier fuction. passive arming on/off.... auto arm on/off... and passive lock on/off. also my dip switch settings are all on... vacuum sense, increase cranking time, and diesel mode which i dont need. i have it programmed also to a single door unlock pulse.
mo12v 
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

mo12v wrote:
If you Grounded Blue wire on GMDL-BP & it unlocked then I would check you Alarm Module.  It seems unlikek\ly that you would need a stronger ground, so you may have a problem with the Alarm Module

I meant you  should want to try another Unit.........

Have U put a Meter on the UNLock wire to see what ma's ( milli amps ) U are getting.

Should be the same as Lock   250 - 500 ma

MO
seanhart 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok ill check the milli amps running through them. i was just curious as to those other setting because i didnt know if i had one set wrong if it could be causing the problem
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic