icon

Soundstream? MA?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arkansasboy 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
have yall herd anything good or bad about these to speaker brands?
Dan Tha Man
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

i have had good luck with soundstreams higher end subs . the T4 15" SPLX 15" and the Van Gogh 10"s and 12"s what type of set up are you looking for ?

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Uhhmm..hmmm.
Okay MA audio is an absolute garbage brand in every sense. Really cheapo stuff.
Soundstream is kinda a weird can of worms, but definately a better can than anything MA audio has *ever* produced.
Higher end soundstream stuff is supposedly really good gear again... (they fell of the wagon for a moment..)
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
london luke 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  

Sounstream decided that making stupid looking amp and speaker grills  would do their reputation no harm. The ICE business cannnot be that strong to take such chances?

Some one should buy the name . Go to China and get some good amps made. Simple old school type stuff. Good simple speakerrs.  Design their speakers and finish them to the quality of lets say DLS or CDT.

Whatever they must stop all this low market stuff.

tplaya07 
Copper - Posts: 2
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

MA Audio is not at all garbage. It is just intended for SPL use, and by no means SQ oriented. If you are looking for more SQ oriented stuff from Anaba Group (MA Audio, Visonik, Clif Designs, etc), you should look into Cliff designs. 

london luke 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Clif designs are very nice speakers. Try getting the olderones as they tended to be over egineered.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking of MA audio....Looking around at the local flea markets car audio place, seeing if they had any good old school amps around (they've had old JBL and Orion stuff in the past) when I overheard the shop owner tell a customer that one paticularly massive MA audio sub was a "10,000 watt sub". Now granted this sub was pretty beefy, but i seriously doubt it could handle more then 2000W.
But I digress. The higher end MA stuff Ive heard (the XL series I think) was LOUD, but their low end stuff is pretty terrible. I dont have much experience with Soundstream, but Ive heard their high end stuff was pretty good.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
One of these is most likely the sub I saw. Can anyone validate the claim of 8k rms on the EHO 15X?
london luke 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Trouble with car hifi is all the stupid power ratings !!

Ever listened to a 8watt "order patrol 2amp and some "living voice" speakers... Blow your eye balls out in the average living room. So 1000 watts plus in cars is just rubish and a  waste of  time.

hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
i just bought a soundstream t4 10 and it hits,  i built the box and tuned to 40hz and 1.7ft and it hits a 138.5 on the term lab.   good spl but sq is horrible.  so depends on what you want more sq or spl
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic