icon

Used AVIC80dvd start up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
njmz823 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased a uded car with a AVIC80dvd running a AVHP6500screen with no discs........I already bought one wrong disc.CNDV 40M.  Need something with the application program...........any ideas..............???

Appreciate it   Mike

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

The latest version is the CNDV50MT

njmz823 wrote:

I recently purchased a uded car with a AVIC80dvd running a AVHP6500screen with no discs........I already bought one wrong disc.CNDV 40M.  Need something with the application program...........any ideas..............???

Appreciate it   Mike

njmz823 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the quick reply........

Now never had this running, or knowing much about what comes with in new,     ....is that all I need???   The application program is on those discs along with the maps???

And 2nd, does a CNDV-40MT set work too?? and is there much difference? And do I need to buy the east and west ( all I need  is east )??

Thanks and enjoy the weekend.......................

njmz823 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

another quest,

I had purchased a east CNDV-40M ver 1.0, which did not work............do you have any idea why??   I am very confused over all the versions seen for sale.

the unit showed a message to insert disc...... I am really hoping the units are good............

whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

The 40M version 1.0 and 1.1 were for the avicN1 only.  The 40MT was for standalone units but is the same mapping and database as the N1.  If you can find version 1.2 of either it should work.  There is a catch though, if the nav system had been updated with newer software, you cannot go backwards.  In other words, if a 1.2 was in there, you cannot go back to a 1.0 or 1.1.  If you are spending money on new software anyway, I would go for this years version which is the cndv50.  Might as well have the best mapping if you gotta pay anyway.  You can find one on ebay for less that $100

njmz823 wrote:

another quest,

I had purchased a east CNDV-40M ver 1.0, which did not work............do you have any idea why??   I am very confused over all the versions seen for sale.

the unit showed a message to insert disc...... I am really hoping the units are good............

njmz823 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks..........I will take your advice and go for a 50MT..................

Appreciate it...........Hope the navigation unit is worth it!   How do you rate it??

whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

Very good.  Vicinity search and POI search is far better than any other system I have used.  Mapping is about the same.

njmz823 wrote:

Thanks..........I will take your advice and go for a 50MT..................

Appreciate it...........Hope the navigation unit is worth it!   How do you rate it??

njmz823 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

Is there any way to verify what soft ware version is loaded in a machine?? 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic