AVIC-D1 automatic maps zoom

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nitinj 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to car audio.  Anyways, I recently installed the AVIC-D1 in my 2001 Honda Accord V6 Coupe.  Like the system but there are a handful of places that it could be better.

Does anyone know how to make my the AVIC-D1 automatically zoom-out and zoom-in based on the speed of my car (as I speed up zoom-out, as I slow down zoom-in).  My old Garmin Nav used to do this and I found it really helpful.  Right now I have to zoom manually whenever I drive which sucks.

Also, when I lookup a list of places in the Vicinity POIs, I want the list ordered by driving distance (with distances listed in miles).  Any ideas on how to do this?  For example, if I am looking for the closest Home Depot, the list of them in the Vicinity should be ordered by driving distance.  Then, I would like all items on the list displayed on the map.  Then I could just select from the map which one I want to go to.

Seems like the AVIC-D1 is not very programmable by the user.  I would like to customize it to my exact Navi preferences.

Nitin Jain

nitinj 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

Also, the guidance voice used by this unit sounds slightly distorted and staticy.  It is only noticeable to the discerning ear, but it is pretty annoying to me.

It plays music with no distortion, and I have no grips about that.  I think it is a software thing, and the sound files pioneer uses for the voice are crappy.  I want pioneer to send out a firmware upgrade to clean up the guidance voice.  It should not be too difficult to do.

Personally I wish I could download different voices for my navi off the web.  I think that would be a nice touch (kinda like a personalized ring tone on your cell).

Nitin Jain

neverenuf81 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
The voices sound like crap...I have em playing thru QSD 3ways pushed by zapco amps and i think the voices were less annoying when i had em goin thru the OE speakers....you can mix the voice and the audio source tho...do that..at least then the voice is cut 50/50 with the music.
Get the steeringwheel mount remote for ur nav...it makes it REALLY easy to zoom in and out.
AVHP7500DVD, AVIC80DVD, GEXP5700TV, MB Quart QSD 3way front, QSD 213 rear, JL 450/4, 2 12W6v2, JL1000/1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic