icon

add trunk release button, 1992 renault

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rami_1r 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
hello,i want to add a trunk release button from inside my renault 19 "92" i want to do this by adding an actuator at the trunk,the challange is that what i need to happend when i press the button is that the actuator will open,close(change polarity in actuator wires)
after 1 sec
and than i need the actuator to stop recieving
any current,the reason i need this to happend in this order is that when the actuator is open it will open the trunk,then i need the actuator to close after 1 sec because the trunk will not close cause the actuator is holding the trunk's trigger if
open andwill not allow to close it phisically
,and then i need it to stop recieving current + or - to prevent ruining the actuators motor.
how can i do all this 3 actions in a press of a button?
i'd really appriciate any help,thanks rami.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Does the actuator have to move in two oposite directions in order for the trunk lid to work properly. Or does the release mechanism return by its self via a spring? EDIT: If you use a specific trunk release solonoid it will not hold the latch open. The solonoid only actuates when power is applied. When power is removed the cable goes slack and allows the trunk latch to return.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

rami_1r wrote:
hello,i want to add a trunk release button from inside my renault 19 "92" i want to do this by adding an actuator at the trunk,the challange is that what i need to happend when i press the button is that the actuator will open,close(change polarity in actuator wires)
after 1 sec
and than i need the actuator to stop recieving
any current,the reason i need this to happend in this order is that when the actuator is open it will open the trunk,then i need the actuator to close after 1 sec because the trunk will not close cause the actuator is holding the trunk's trigger if
open andwill not allow to close it phisically
,and then i need it to stop recieving current + or - to prevent ruining the actuators motor.
how can i do all this 3 actions in a press of a button?
i'd really appriciate any help,thanks rami.

For precise control of a device you would be best off looking into a small microcontroller.  They are much more flexible when it comes to timing and steps.  If you need any help or more information let me know.

Kevin Pierson
rami_1r 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot for all the answers guys,and sneakycyber what u said with the spring will be checked in 1 minute and if true will solve me a lot,but 1 thing i didnt understood :what is a trunk solonoid?
ohh and kpierson:why did u quote everything i wrote???!!
if someone wants to see my massage he can easily just go to the start of this topic...
rami_1r 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
and if we are talking alwready i have another question:is it possible that a 94 mitsubishi galant's master window control (drivers side)does control all the vehicles windows but when opened to read a + for window up i only finds the drivers window + ?
(i am trying to install a window rool up module in this vehicle and dont wanna wire each door seperatly)
thanks.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

rami_1r wrote:
thanks a lot for all the answers guys,and sneakycyber what u said with the spring will be checked in 1 minute and if true will solve me a lot,but 1 thing i didnt understood :what is a trunk solonoid?
ohh and kpierson:why did u quote everything i wrote???!!
if someone wants to see my massage he can easily just go to the start of this topic...

If I use the reply box at the bottom my posts don't show up for some reason.  After losing 5-6 posts I just got in the habit of quoting someone, and that way my posts always appear.

Kevin Pierson
rami_1r 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
ohhh ok sorry kpierson and how about the galant problem bobk?
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Rami another person had a questiojn about window rool up on another post, read that one it will tell you exactly what you need.
rami_1r 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
look above the one with the galant's windows,have any idea?
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
A  trunk solonoid is an after market trunk release solonoid specifically made to open the trunk.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic