icon

01 Silverado door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
suspendedHatch 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'm putting a Viper 791XV in a 01 Chevy Silverado. Everything functions except the car dies on remote start until I get the bypass module in the mail. The only thing that doesn't work is the door locks. The door switch and the factory remote still control the door locks, but the Viper doesn't. I connected the viper's blue wire to the light blue wire on the chevy, and the viper's green wire to the white wire on the chevy. I found these wires by tracing them from out of the door to the brown plug on the fuse box. I located them this way because there are several light blue wires in the plug indicated by the wire color diagram on this site. I tried reversing my connections and it still doesn't work. Do I need the passlock bypass module to get the door locks to work?
I put this alarm in a Civic before with no problems.
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like you have connected to the wrong wires. You need to get the wires at the BCM not the fuse box. You also need to use a digital multimeter (DVOM) to test for them. No matter where you got the information you never make a connection like this without first verifying the circuit is the correct one. Try this information.

Power Lock lt. blue  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle.
Power Unlock white  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle.

suspendedHatch 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your reply.
That's the information I used. On the brown plug on the BCM are a total of four light blue wires. I used the needle probe type alligator clips to check for voltage when the door lock activates, but it's too fast for my DVM to get a reading.
Then I pulled the rubber grommet out of the door and found a white and a light blue wire. These are the only wires of that color coming from inside the door. I cut the white wire to make my connection, and while it was cut I tried the door locks. They didn't work. Then I made my connections to both wires. The door locks work with the switch on the door and with the factory remote, but not with the Viper remote.
So do I need the passlock II bypass module to get the doorlocks to work?
genehewett 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
   The problem is the wires are reversed. During lock the green wire outputs a negative pulse at the same time the blue outputs a positive pulse. And they do the the same for unlock but the other way. This is to make the system more flexable for installs. Just swap the green and blue and that will fix it.
suspendedHatch 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I tried reversing my connections and it still doesn't work.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
1st...Meter the Door Lock / Unlock  wires & toggle the Door Switch  to confirm correct Factory wires.
Then Meter your 791XV to confirm Output.
Relays may be needed, but usually are not
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
suspendedHatch 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, let me give you some background. I've installed this alarm on several Civics w/out any problems. Now this 01 Chevy Silverado is giving me a headache because they just loved repeating wire colors all over this car, in the same harnesses even.
I installed the 555L and "trained" it according to the instructions, but there is no change to the remote start. It starts, then dies. I might know what the problem is. From the key to the fuse box are the main wires, black, white, yellow, pink, orange. I'm using the yellow wire for the start kill/remote start connections, green and purple respectively. But the 555L also needs to be connected to this wire. I put it before the connection to the alarm. Doesn't work. Where is the normal, thick gauge starter wire? This thin yellow wire doesn't look right.
Yes I did the tach learning, neutral safety etc for the remote start.
The other problem: the door locks. I found the light blue and the white wires coming from out of the door to the fusebox. I hooked up my DVM to confirm again that these are the correct wires, then I noticed that the door lock switch is no longer working. Sure enough, the 3A "MIR/LOCK" fuse is blown. I checked for shorts on the wires, then replaced the fuse. I hit the switch without the key even in the ignition, and it blew again. No other fuse is blowing.
Where do I go from here?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
No "NORMAL" Thick Guage wire anymore..............about 18 guage Yellow Starter wire.
If you are NOT familiar with this type hook-up, have someone who is HELP...A lot of damage can result from simple mistakes....like Door Locks, Pass Lock, BCM, etc.......
A NO CUT install for ByPass is OMEGA  # DB-PASS-23A, but if you already have another type, MAKE SURE of your wires.  To often they are hook up Backwards ( Key side going to Start side & visa versa ), or not powered up during & after Cranking.
Your Door locks probably need another hard look..... Be sure they are the correct wires
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
xpresncrx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
If the door locks still are not working correclty,  It could be that the 791xv is not programed corectly, since you can select which type of door locks you have.  If it is programed correctly,  you need to check the outputs comming out of the alarm system.  Make sure that one wire shoots a (+) the same time the opposite wire shoots a (--).  I just installed the 791xv on an 02 Cavilier with no problems.  I was a First Class Installer, I know some shh****. 
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
Please man.......
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic