icon

Parrot CK3100 in '00 Celica GT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cherokee180c 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

I have been reading many posts on the Parrot CK3100 but am still slightly confused about what I need to install with an amplifier.  I just bought the unit last night and will install next week.  A friend of mine has his Parrot installed in his Nissan Titan truck, but he has not tied it into the factory stereo yet, so he is of no help to me.  I definitely need the Parrot to mute the stereo for me, as I tend to listen to my Ipod at too high of a volume to hear the phone ring!!  I installed the entire aftermarket stereo system in my Toyota 00' Celica GT.  I have a Panasonic head unit with and Alpine 4 channel amplifier in the rear.  I used the pre-amp out with twisted pair wires to run to the back of the car to the Alpine Amp and then ran good speaker wire back up to the front to tie back into the factory Toyota speaker wire harness (In case I want to put the factory stereo back in at a later time).  I have researched my CQ-C8100U Panasonic head unit and it does not have any remote mute wire connection.  Parrot is telling me that their factory mute cable that comes with the CK3100 will do the job, but most posts seem to contradict this a bit.  I am a mechanical engineer and am very good with installing electronics, so if somebody can just tell me what I need to do, I will be fine doing the install.  Here are my questions:

1) Will the factory Parrot harness that comes with the unit work with an amplified stereo signal without feedback, hum or other annoyances?

2) I assume I will need to connect the mute cable inbetween the amplifier output to the speakers and the factory Toyota harness by buying the appropiate adapters to go from ISO connectors on the Parrot to Toyota connectors?  Where is the best place to buy these adapters?

3) Any other help or suggestions are appreciated.  You are all correct that the Parrot wiring diagrams stink.

Dave

cherokee180c 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

After looking at this for a bit longer, it appears that if the stock mute harness will work, I will need to cut off the ISO connectors.  I will need to replace the ISO speaker input connector (into the Parrot) with a 71-1761 Metra connectors for Toyota so that my stock connectors from the amplifier can connect.  I will also need to cut off the output ISO connector from the Parrot mute cable and replace with the 70-1761 Metra connectors to connect to the factory speaker wires.  I will need to cut off both ISO power connectors to hook up power.

Does this sound correct?  Will it work with an amplifier, or will I need a different harness?

Dave

Derek Vella 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think it will work with your amp set up, unless you can get an amp bypass harness, or can find a way of simultaniously switching the amp off when on a call, I wouldn't recommend cutting any of the wires, because if you try and work something out, and then it backfires, you won't be able to sell the parrot kit on.

If you can try and make up 2 seperate adapter harnesses, for both ends of the parrot harness, Toyota connectors at one end and iso at the other, making sure you have the male and female connectors the right way round of course.

Don't forget when you test the kit to keep the radio volume down to a minimum, otherwise you could blow your speakers, and it won't do your ears much good either 

hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

If you call parrot they wil fax you ar email you a full wire diagram for their product. Because their product is made and designed for Europe with the ISO connectors they  have no need for an extensive diagram. Her we NEED to know the wiring.

Here is what I have:

Black    (-)       Brown (+)   Rear right speaker

Orange(-)    Red     (+)     Front left speaker

Green  (-)      Blue     (+)    Front right speaker

White   (-)      Grey     (+)    Rear left speaker

Maybe this will help

Rich

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.