Supercaps, for those that care

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Jesus... that just made my head hurt.
The battery can only do so much. For some strange reason, I got the same amount of dimming with the factory battery in my own car and with the Orbital that is in there now. Orbital has more CCA, and is physically smaller. Go figger. Oh... factory battery is only 3 months old at the point that I changed it, and it's a diesel to boot. Perhaps your amps are more efficient? Better charging system? The wind was blowing in the right direction?
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

i just had the same prob. with a power 1000 fosgate and 2/12 spl lights would dimm and almost suck so much power made the car run like shhh bought the deep cycle battery and all my worries went away. 

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
it also would be wise to upgrade your alternator for a couple of hundred get like 180 amps output would do a world of diffrence just a thought
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
A battery will help if your alternator is already up to the task of charging, basically if your battery in your car is crap, yes a deep cycle (of just a good diehard battery) will help with the light dimming. But if your alts not up to the task your battery will start taking over for what the alt cant produce. over time this will either kill your battery, or cause your alt to fail, which will also result in a dead battery.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic