2004 PT remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdhesse 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

Help!!!

I am installing a Crimestopper RS901-VII in a PT with factory alarm, RKE, etc.  I am using the factory fob and activating the RS by pressing lock, lock, lock.

The problem is when I activate the remote start the first time after a long rest, it will operate fine, but each subsequent start will trip the MIL on the dash.  With a scanner I get codes 480, 481 and 1105, cooling fan circuit and vacuum whatnot.  I will place the key in the ignition to have the cars electronics take over and things go OK (still have a MIL), until I turn the key off.  The car will run on like it is carbureted and then when I want to start it with the key, it will not fire, it just turns over. 

I followed the Crimestopper manual to a 'T' and there were no additional circuits that need to be energized.  Or is there?

Thanks in advance for the help!

mdhesse

Matt
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
make sure you have powered up all ign and acc wires. also doulbe check that there is voltage on those wires wihle is is RS.
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
I left it for a few months because I got busy, so I will double check my connections.  Thanks for the tip!
Matt
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

OK.  All connections are good.  IGN, ACC, and HVAC are all energized after RS.  Even when the RS is not used the PT will still run on after ignition off.  I must pull one of the +12V fuses to get the unit to shut the ignition off.  At my wits end on this one.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

-mdhesse

Matt
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

Try an OPTION RESET

Page 18
Option 22
In your Install Manual

Did you hook up "Turbo Timer"?? ( or Idle Down Mode )

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

I will try an option reset and start from scratch.  I may have a setting wrong.  I have the Pin 5 green wire as an OEM interface requiring 3 pulses on the LOCK button of the OEM fob to activate the RS.  The manual reads that a momentary sw is required to use the turbo timer, and one is not present, so I assume TT is not used.  And the car does not run well after the key is out and it is running on.  Thank you again for the tips I will execute this procedure tomorrow.

-mdhesse

Matt
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, now I am about ready to scream.  The unit will not let me select "Tach Mode".  When I program the unit using the valet button, it will allow me to go to all the other settings except option #1 to select "Tach Mode" or "Tachless".  And naturally "Tachless" is the default.  I believe this is the issue.  I have isolated the correct wire for tach usage, however the unit will flash once for that mode, but will not flash the brake lights when I tap the brake.  Aaargh!

Info:  2004 PT Cruiser Touring 2.4L Turbo - Crimestopper RS 900 VII (operating as an RS 901 using the factory keyfob) - no transmitters, no antenna

-mdhesse

Matt
mdhesse 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Ok.  Nevermind.  Wiring error.  Somehow I wired the Anti-grind relay to back feed the vehicles ignition system, so when the key was turned off, the unit continued to operate the ignition system only, thereby tripping the MIL.  Anti-grind relay circuit removed = problem solved.  Besides all DC vehicles made after 1996 have anti-grind built into the PCM, so that circuit is not necessary.  Thanks for each of your replies, I respect this forums power and assistance.

-mdhesse

Matt
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
It's GREAT to "SCREAM" ...Only to become SILENT........
Glad U Got IT
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic