icon

Accord Blowing Fuse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mark2003 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2002 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1990 Accord which keeps blowing the fuse for the dome light.  Apparently the fuse is for the dome light, rear defrost, cig lighter...  I know this could be a number of things but I was just wondering if anyone has seen this before
damon9 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
sure but like you said it could be anything such as a short, you have to trace every wire, there may be a exposed wire touching ground.. good luck
damon
webguy 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Make sure Lil' Mark hasn't fed the lighter receptacle any loose change. Kids love to stick round things in round holes........

But seriously, has there been any work done on the vehicle, such as an alarm or after market stereo? Could be a pinched wire. Was the lighter receptacle ever R & R'd? Look inside of the receptacle to make sure the prongs aren't bent or touching the casing. The rear defrost shouldn't be on the same fuse as the dome light, unless the power for the defrost is supplied by a relay. Scrutinize the lighter first, then trace the power lead going to the dome light next. Process of elimination...

Clean tools = Clean work!
mark2003 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

I found the trouble it was the power antenna shorted,  But thanks for the input.

Mark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic