icon

mdf center console and fiberglass sub box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
montecristo 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
i made some works for a couple of cars on woods and fiberglass just  searching on the internet  i think they needs more sanding what do you think about  it ...let me know what could be better and what would be changed....sorry 4 my englis  ..is not that good....i dont know how to post  the pictures....this is my personal page... http://spaces.msn.com/members/mrzarigueyo/PersonalSpace.aspx
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like pretty nice work there man. Keep it up and keep us posted on your projects. Dont worry about your english man, I had no problem understanding what you were saying.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
montecristo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

i made  another box for my 12" sony  ...i made  with mdf 3/4" dont want to ocupate to much space ...so i used the side of the  cargo area and  cover it w/ some vinil that i found in  walmart....what do you thing ...is in the same  page.....

realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Looks pretty good man, you got some neat ideas. Looks like you know how to do electrical too. How does that relay work for the amp?
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
montecristo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

i used the relay to turn on 2 amps(one for the speakers and one for the subwoofer) and the neon light when i turn on the head unit....just connect  the remote to the 86...ground  the 85 ....add 12 v.fused to 30 and split the 87 in three (one for each component).......cover the 87a  to avoid any  short...and add a diode between 85 and 86 to avoid  feedback..or that pop that some times you hear when turn off the head unit...that's it.....i did  it because i think the remote wire from the head unit is not strong enough to turn on three components....i heard is only 200 ma or 500 ma only.....and dont want to mess my head unit

mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Hola amigo, de donde eres? de Mexico?
Su trabajo es muy bueno. lo siento, mi espanol es malo. pero, yo neccessito practica para mi trabajo y familia.
That new sub box for the xplod is nice. you do some great work. Keep us posted.
montecristo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

im peruvian.....but im livin here for almost 4 years.....and i try to learn all that i can about this staff....and the only way is getting the hands on ......now im gonna remake the center console ...first i'll do with cardboard to make the model ..and later in mdf and fiberglass....now one question....i got various leftover headunit kits from diferents cars the question is ..the fiberglass will stick to the abs plastic that those kits are made.....or i have to do it with another material?

mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
It will but you have to drill holes in the plastic for the resin and glass to "drip" into which will give the glass a grip. Also, to help it hold you should scuff up the ABS plastic with about 60 grit paper to get any laminate/cleaner agents off of it. the best way to do it is scuff up all of the sides that the glass is going to make contact with, using either a 1/16 or 3/32 drill bit drill a bunch of holes in the plastic in a staggered nature like this:
. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . .
That should do ya.
montecristo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
i want to make the new center console and put some vinil on it....like those luxurious car......where is the best place to buy that stuffthat match whit mi interior.......i mean oem color....
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
go to your local car intiriar store and ask them to match it and get some if you dont no how to put it in or ask for there help on the best way to put it in.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic