icon

2002 Impala keyless/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duley3 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have a neg. one wire set up on this 2002 impala. I'm using the DEI 451M module for the hook up. I know where the other wires go from reading around on this site. But the Bue and Green are messing me up. Do I hook both wires to the lock and unlock wire on the car ????.

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
If I'm understanding what you're asking,  the blue, and green ( with the 470 ohm resistor inline ) wires from the 451 both go to ORANGE / black wire at the bcm. 
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

Thats what I wanted to know. That orange and black wire has a gray plug and is located above the brake padel right?

Thanks

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
yup that would be the one.  When you're tesing it it will read full 12volts negative on unlock and less than 12 volts negative on lock.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info...2002 Impala keyless/remote start -- posted image.
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  

Okay I know I have asked for help many times from all of you. But, Here's the thing I thought I know where all the wires went for hooking up the 451m module to my valet remote starter. I know where the plug goes. What I don't know is listed below. could someone please help me out again.. Thanks

There are 4 other wires and I'm not sure where they go. I'm hooking this up to a 2002 Impala with a (-) switch door locks. I'm pretty sure that it is a (-) switch one wire set up. I think the wire I'm looking for is a ORANGE / Black wire with a gray plug above the brack padle. Please correcrt me if I'm wrong. 

The PURPLE / Black is the only one I know where it goes ( 12v constant ) 

The Blue/Black , GREEN/ Black, BROWN / Black and WHITE/ Black wires I have know idea where they go or how to hook them up. After finding where they go I will need to know if I need to cut the wire that I'm hooking them to.

Also this came with a little pack of resistors Do I need to use them. If so which ones and where.

Please help me with this. I don't want to pay someone else to do it. Most places want $50 - $70 dallor to start.  That just seems like alot of money to hook up 4 wires.

Thanks again

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
Power Lock ORANGE / black  -  gray 24-pin plug @ BCM
Notes: Lock and unlock use the same wire. Lock requires a negative trigger with a 470 ohm resistor in-line. Unlock is negative trigger. Must use relays.
The BCM is located above the brake pedal. It is a plastic box with three plugs that face the firewall.
Power Unlock same wire as power lock
if you see behind the 451m  you will see 87 open wich is the PURPLE / black that goes to ground. blue/black is unlock that one goes to the ORANGE / black at the car. GREEN/ black is lock which need 470 ohms resistence and it goes to the ORANGE / black too.2002 Impala keyless/remote start -- posted image.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

PURPLE / Black is a ground? This has a fuse on it.

What about the WHITE/ Black and the BROWN / Black wires? Are they not used?

Do I need to cut the orange and black wire and hook either the Blue/Black wire to one end and the GREEN/ black wire to the other? Or do I just strip part of the wire and hook them both to the stripped part?

One more question, Do I just wire the resistor in line with the GREEN/ black lock wire? Or do I need to change it inside the unit?

Thanks for all of your help 

duley3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for al the help everyone.... I got it hook up just fine and it works great....
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
it would have been easier just to put a resistor in line with the lock/unlock wire. the 451m is not needed in these cars. i've done dozens of them without the 451m. 
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic