icon

2003 chevy monte carlo SS, starter kill

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickey1031 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hi thank you for having such a informative fourm !!!

I have a 03 monte carlo SS . it has the factrory alarm on it and the keyless entry.

What i would liek to do is set up a starter interupt on it, I would also like to have remote start on it.

Is this somethign i can do?

If so is there a kit out hat i can buy that is a plug and play type thing? i am not real good at building eletronic stuff. I can do pretty much every thing else just dont under stand the eletronic enough to feel comfotabel.

I have see a deal at one time that would piggy back the factory alarm on the car. Can any one tell me where to find some thing like his if i could ge the fetures of a after market alarm wiht the factory one? I really would rather not have to take the factory one out to just add in a after market one. I was told they could not do any more o the facory one.

Also if anyone knows where this bugger might be located would be great. I have yet to find it and have toren the interior apart in this car doing my stereo install and have yet to find it. ( not real sure what to look for . this might help some LOL )

just a man trying to make a nice toy car out of a monte carlo SS
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
OMEGA used to make an InterConnect Harness that plugged between the Ignition Switch Harness Plug.............No longer available
I thought there was another company, maybe someone else here knows.......
There are a few excellent Remote Starts out there that will have the Starter Kill, but you will most likely have to Hard wire
You don't need to Remove Factory Alarm.......Just Disarm
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

ok, thanks for the information but that raises another question .

What is a good alarm system?

I would love to have somethign that will roll up the windows when it rains and close the sun roof also.

I know the BMW has something like this and i belive i could retro it if i could find one on a car. But i live her ein germany and for the most part they dont give you any information on anything unless you speak it fluint. Thsi i dont think will happen for a while LOL

But i know it is out there some where.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

mickey1031 wrote:
What is a good alarm system?

Depends on qualifications.............

OMEGA, DEI, MICRO, & more..........
I am sure other Forum Installers will list some too........
Look for something that deals in Total Closure & is recognized by the Local "Reputable" 12 Volt Dealer where the car is going to live

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Which year/model of bmw is it?
Alot of the bmw models have a feature that if you keep the key turned into the lock position, on the drivers door, it will close the windows, sunroof, convertible top.
In UK/ Europe the best brand will be Clifford. They have dealers in most countries.
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

as far as witch model imnot postive right now that is the biggest hurrdel . But i belive the X-5 has them to.

i knew they have the windows roll up with the key but i would like to have it  when it senses rain to roll them up.

So the water wil basicaly make contat for it and roll them up\\

As far as where it will live? that could be anywhere uncel Sam wants it to LOL well at least for the next 15 years or so.

I have heard of clifford just havent herad much about them. Most of the time folks say that the vipper is a good one .

I just cant see spending 500.00 euro for a vipper alarm if i can get one that is just as good and dont have a snake on the stickers. I want the quality just not the price if i can avoid it sonme.

this car has a sun roof and is a show car and a daily driver . I would nt mind havingit so when at the shows wih the windows down it will stop them from reaching inside of it.

is this the radar they are talking about?

thanks again for answering the questions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic