icon

pick HU very specific.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gramozeka 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I did a little search but the market is so diverse and always changing so I want some current opinions and I have a couple of things i need form the stereo.
My basic setup
I am thinking of running some good components in the front in stock location (98 talon)... I know they don't sound good in the doors but that is the only place I want them. Cheap pioneer 6x9 in the rear (since I have them already). And a sealed box sub 12" in the trunk... the usual
The stereo is where I want help. My demands as follows:
1 Price around 300
2 Must be black to match the dash
3 orange back light to match the cars orange back light (there are some stereos that have multiple colors that would be nice)
4 mp3
5 must be a major brand, no jensen please
6 Must have good screen to prevent glare and should be well seen in direct sunlight ( in the sun I can’t see anything on the screen with my current stereo (older eclipse HU) cuz it's intslled on an angle and I have a sunroof)
7 aux input for anything, not just accessories of that specific barnd
8 must be current modelyear model
9 detachable panel
Please suggest models I should look at. So many I just can't choose on my own and it is very hard to look for specific features I want, so if any of the readers do this for living they must know.
Thank you All
spitfireguy1185 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
My suggestion is to go to many car audio stores as possible and go play with all the head units on the display boards.
Jazzy
gramozeka 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
spitfireguy1185
Dude thanks , JVC's are nice and pioneer is most bang fo the back but it looks like those clarions are the only ones that change color of the button, I will go check em out in the stores now.
jstruckman
Exactly my strategy, but first I wnated to narrow down the stereos I want, the salesman at those stores are mostly unfamiliar with the product and just want tosell :-)
All other people if you have any more sugestions for the HU accroding to my specs above please let me know, so far the choice is for clarion thanks to the spitfireguy1185
spitfireguy1185 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
yea no prob... i know how hard it is cuz there is so much out there but those are the ones i would trust the most...
Bass-oholik

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic