icon

who makes their own dvd's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1hot91 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

those of you with video/navigation hu's what program are you using to make your own dvd's? i bought nero to copy purchased dvd's for my car and it works great but even when i convert uploaded .wmv files off of my digital camera and convert them to .mpeg2 dvd compliant format i can not find a program that will authorize and burn the files to play properly.

is anyone out there making their own dvds that work in head units, if so what program are you using?

neverenuf81 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
It's probably not letting you convert them to mpeg2 because you didn't pay mainconcept for their codec.
Sometimes the conversion is a pain in the ass.
Personally, I use Adobe Premier because I'm used to adobe's stuff.
The simplest way i know to drag and drop any kind of video file and just have the program take care of everything for you is NeroVision Express. The only issue w/ this is if you have some widescreen/anamorphic footage, some letterboxed, and/or some regular 4:3..sometimes it'll stretch/crop em wrong and I dont think you have control of that.
But once you find the program that'll encode em onto the dvd, i have a pioneer deck and it seems to play anything. NTSC, PAL, DVD+R DVD-R DVDRW DVDDL..anything
AVHP7500DVD, AVIC80DVD, GEXP5700TV, MB Quart QSD 3way front, QSD 213 rear, JL 450/4, 2 12W6v2, JL1000/1
1hot91 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

well my nero as i said does do purchased dvd's to copy. however when i try to have it burn mpeg2 files it seems as if it isn't authorizing them right. the only thing i don't get is that i can get the files to play well on my home unit and not my kenwood hu. i haven't tried my eclipse yet to compare but the burned purchased dvd's all work well on the kenwood when i copy them so why not the .wmv that were converted to mpeg2 dvd format?

you say adobe works well for you, i wonder if they have a basic trial version of their program. i don't mind buying something but i want it to do what i need it to.

thanks.

Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
are you making a SVCD cause i dont think i plays them but it does play vcd or if your just backing up a dvd im not sure cause it plays mine
1hot91 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

with nero just dvd, i tried svcd and vcd but that didn't seem to work. so your saying you can take .wmv downloaded files like music videos or other random things that you could upload off a camera and you are able to make them work perfectly on your head unit?

what programs are you using?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic