icon

144db

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
hey you guys this weekend i went to the slamfest car show in tampa florida. i entered the db drag event and i got a 144db spl and 156.7 in the port wars. The mic was the term lab so i assume its very accurate. I have 4 15in memphis PR's ported and a jbl 1200.1 amp. I have a stock alt. and stock battery. My question is could i expect a difference from gettin a ho alt. gettin maybe 2 yellow tops and also im gonna go with a memphis 1500d amp turned down? also what is a kinetic battery? guys at the show were saying just one of those is like equal to multiple optima batteries. any help would be great thanks.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
those guys were telling the truth. a kinetik battery is designed for car audio use .they have great output when power is demanded from them. www.kinetikaudio.com i would recommend these batterys over any on the market. a H.O alternator would be good to add that would my frist step. then i would do some heavy sound detening . a kinetik battery .if it will fit under the hood of your truck go for the HC 2400. the memphis amp will help in comination with all of these things. after all that is done turn it up. close your truck and find every spot that air is leaking out. and every part that rattles. stop as much air from leaking out and as many parts from rattling as you can. one other thing i can think or is new seals for your door jams. 
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
hey whats the best of 3 or big 3 i think it is? could you guys explain that and would that help me out? thanks
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

this post will explain everything

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=007801

Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic