530T good/bad comments

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cavyinthegarage 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I am new here and I was searching and reading about the 530T.. Well all I found was problems, problems problems... So can everyone that has one, post the good or bad things about the system.. Maybe this will help a few lost souls like myself in getting it..

thanks shawn

ld2638 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
All I've ever used is the 530t. Have never had any problems with it. Most problems I've ever seen anyone encounter is usually a hookup problem or confusion about the setup and type of window system. DEI makes very solid products.
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

i've never encounted a reoccuring product problem with them.

i personally have two 529T's, about 4-5 years, no problems at all.

Viper Equipped
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

What functions can your 2 529T's perform? If I want to have all 4 windows be able to roll down and up, as well as my sunroof be able to open and close then I need 2 530T's and 1 529T? Hmm, that sounds expensive...................what would you reccomend?

Thanks.

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

I recommend it.  I, too, searched this site first for some information, and all I found were problems.  I did get the module, though, and installed it.  The problems I had with it were only problems caused by a few miswirings on my part.  It's actually pretty straightforward.  I have a 2-door car, and so on the driver's door I have a switch for the driver window and a switch for the passenger window.  Then on the passenger door there's a switch for that window (obviously).  Well, now that I've installed the 530t, I have 1-touch up and down from all three switches.  Some people said just to go to the 2 switches in the driver's door, but I wanted the 1-touch in the passenger door, too, so I ran one set of wires to the driver's door, and the other set of wires into the pass's door.  A bit more work, but I think it was worth it. 

I think the only slight thing I don't like about the 530t is that it's sortof tough to get your windows to roll down a small amount when you're driving.  In other words, if it's raining, and you want to open them a bit....because of the 1-touch, I now have to hit the switch, and then quickly hit it again to stop the windows.  It's kindof tough, but I don't mind cause I don't do that too much.  I love getting in the car, hitting both switches once, and both windows going down.  Then the same when I get to my destination.  You can either hit both switches once to roll up the windows.....OR....turn off the car, and they'll roll up automatically.

I recommend it 530T good/bad comments -- posted image.

GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

Hmm sounds pretty nice.  I still would like to know if I should get TWO 530T modules AND one 529T module?

mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
if you want all four windows to roll up and down, then yes you need 2 530t's and if you want to do the sunroof youll need the 529t as well
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Heres something to try! If you have a alarm get a motion dector and wire it into the window controll. If you do it right - if you leave your windows open and your car is armed, if someone walks by the windows close halfway, if they decide to put thier arm in the window it will close the rest of the way. Works great on my car and pretty easy to do. Want instructions? email me themagicone@attbi.com

AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Correct. Two (2) 530Ts and one (1) 529T or three (3) 529Ts.

the main difference is the 530T can work the window is both directions, aside from also being an automation system.

I didn't feel the need for automation. I also didn't feel the need for the sunroof, so all they do is roll up all 4 windows when armed. I also used a latched reset w/ignition output to cut the connection to the 529Ts, for the times i want the windows cracked but system armed.

Viper Equipped

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic