icon

Remote Starter on top of existing Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonmk 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 Sarurn SL2 (Manual) that did not come from the factory with power door locks, so when i bought the car i had them put them in with an AUTO MATE alarm system. Then in december of 2003 a friend of a friend put in a remote starter for me utilizing the existing remotes. I had to get my car battery replaced yesterday and now now the remote starter does not work. The car works fine, and the alarm and remote door locks still work. I've figured out that it I most likely need to reprogram the remotes for the remote starter (he had programed it so that the Lock & Unlock together started the car). My problem is that I don't know what type of remote starter he installed and I'm not sure what to loook for to find out.

I still see teh black box under the dash that is labled auto mate, and what looks like a smaller tan cube that doesn't look factory installed, but I couldn't see any writing on it, if that is even what i am looking for to begin with.  So, i guess what i first, am I on the right track or should a new battery not effect the prgramming of my remotes? If i am heading the right direction, what specifically am i looking for to identify the Remote Starter, and then how do i program my remotes again?

I apologize for asking such a neophyte question in the forum, but i couldn't find any post that even began to answer my question.

Thanks,

JasonMK

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
jason.....u need the model number off the remote start and the alarm.....wiht out those.....it will be hard for us to identify the steps that need to be taken to fix ur problem
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
jasonmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much for the quick reply...but that is my first problem. I need help knowing what to look for under the dash (or the hood?) that would identify the remote starter. I found the Auto Mate alarm box, but what am i looking for next? Another small box, a smaller box, no box, something under the hood by the battery or the siren? I know these a simple questions, but until i know where to look for what I won't be able to get the number.

-JasonMK

jasonmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

I was able to find out the following information, which should make it much easier to get some help...

The Alarm system is an Auto Mate 425.

The Remote Starter is a TechWeb, and according to their website the RS901 is their add-on module for existing Remote Entry/Car Alarms. Since the Auto Mate 425 is still their and I am still using the same remotes as when I took the car home from the dealer, I must have the RS901.

That leaves me with...How do I program my Auto Mate remotes to start the TechWeb (crimestopper) RS901?

-JasonMK

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
out of the automate.....tell me what color is the WHITE/ blue wire running to.....it should be going into the crimestoppers green wire..........
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
jasonmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
You were right, the WHITE/ blue wire runs to a green wire for the crimestopper (techweb).
jasonmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

As far as programming my AutoMate remotes to Remote Start the car thorugh the Crimestopper, do I need directions for programming the AutoMate remotes or Programming directions for a Crimestopper?  Better yet...anyone out there know what sequence i need specifically? Beyond popping the hood, and needing the key and the valet button I'm not sure what to do next...

-JasonMK

dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Although i am not very familiar with the actual systems you mentioned maybe a good chain of action would be to contact   tech suport for both of these companies and request an owners manual installation guide. You know state you misplaced them etc. See what gives... Good luck..   
one love
jasonmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

...it ended up being a blown fuse. The way the wires were all wrapped up under the dash I coudn't find this one initially...

But for those of you out there who also need to program an Automote 425 to work with a remote starter here is what I found:

1. Open drivers door (leave open)

2. Turn the key to the ON position
3. Press  and release the valet button 5 times
4. Press and hold it one more time
5. [your alarm light should now flash 5x and then 3x indicating that you have pressed it five times to access the 3rd channel)
6. Now it's ready to leanr your remote, press the button (on the remote) while still holding the valet buton.
7. You should here a beep/chirp to confirm programming has been successful.

-JasonMK

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic