icon

high quality sq woofers, any ideas?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
if you want a loud sub kicker is the way to go but there not good at responding to quick beats and there not built for sq. almost 100% spl
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
losone 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
JL W7- sound quality???? Boom maybe... I wouldn't even begin to call a w7 SQ. SPL yes!!!!  Jl stops with sq with the W6v2.   A sub as slow as W7 is never gonna be anything but an spl generator.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

losone wrote:
JL W7- sound quality???? Boom maybe... I wouldn't even begin to call a w7 SQ. SPL yes!!!!  Jl stops with sq with the W6v2.   A sub as slow as W7 is never gonna be anything but an spl generator.

Now I know everyone is entitled to their opninion, but this is a plain ignorant statement. Perhaps the too expensive line for what you are getting is ok, but the w7 is FANTASTIC sounding driver. I don't think anyone can argue that fact, (again not including price).

When was the last time you heard a w7, and more importantly how was it set up?

white ram 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

I thought that the JL and my Boston G5 were pretty darn close in SQ.

Eclipse head unit
Hifonics zx6000
Hifonics Bx1205d
Boston pro60
Re SE 10's in sealed box.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
got myself an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12 and LOVE the SQ in a 1.3 cu ft sealed box. i had previously owned a brahma 12 about a year back and overall i like the IDMAX better for SQ
losone 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

ignorant?? Well maybe being a Platinum recording/mix engineer makes my opinion not so ignorant. Don't get me wrong, JL does make a great sub with the w6v2, but the W7 is a slow pig when it comes to reproducing any kind of accurate music.  Try playing some dynamic music thru one... If you want loud & clear get an Image dynamic or Arc audio flatline woofer & see what I mean!

The last time a heard a W7 was in my car with a USA made Robert Zeff designed Arc Audio XXK2500 pushing it!  It was loud as hell but couldn't  play anything but rap bass. Now with a flatline sub, by Arc/Image I can play Thriller & it sounds like it does in a recording studio.  So i suggest you do some critical listening before you start calling people ignorant - PARTNER!!!!

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
losone wrote:

So i suggest you do some critical listening before you start calling people ignorant - PARTNER!!!!

Don't get your panties in a bunch, re-read the post PARTNER, I called no one ignorant, but said that their statements were. Remeber these are opninions here, that is why I asked how it was setup. I disagreed with your statements, I didn't personally attack you, however it seems you might suffer from a guilty conscious.

If you must go ego trippin' about your status that by way, doesn't necessarily qualify you more than any one else, it just so happens that I install Arc audio and have plenty of experience with them. If you were to read my sig, you might catch that I use ID, so relax partner. 

boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
losone wrote:
ignorant?? Well maybe being a Platinum recording/mix engineer makes my opinion not so ignorant.  The last time a heard a W7 was in my car with a USA made Robert Zeff designed Arc Audio XXK2500 pushing it! 

I have trouble believing someone who tries this hard to convince or impress me.

losone 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
boulderguy wrote:
losone wrote:
ignorant?? Well maybe being a Platinum recording/mix engineer makes my opinion not so ignorant.  The last time a heard a W7 was in my car with a USA made Robert Zeff designed Arc Audio XXK2500 pushing it! 

I have trouble believing someone who tries this hard to convince or impress me.

Tries hard??? just letting you know that I've heard w7's with with quality amplification behind it. 

losone 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
losone wrote:

So i suggest you do some critical listening before you start calling people ignorant - PARTNER!!!!

Don't get your panties in a bunch, re-read the post PARTNER, I called no one ignorant, but said that their statements were. Remeber these are opninions here, that is why I asked how it was setup. I disagreed with your statements, I didn't personally attack you, however it seems you might suffer from a guilty conscious.

If you must go ego trippin' about your status that by way, doesn't necessarily qualify you more than any one else, it just so happens that I install Arc audio and have plenty of experience with them. If you were to read my sig, you might catch that I use ID, so relax partner. 

I never ego tripped, Your the one who basically said I was an idiot for saying w7's were in no way SQ.  I simply wanted to let you know that I wasn't some "sony xplod" listening idiot & that my OPINION was a valid one!  So why don't go back to installing at best buy with your craftsmen tools, Jerk off!    

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic