icon

Remote starts but dies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
So finally i got it to remote start but then dies after 2 seconds.Before it would just light up the dash then that it.I have to hold the remote start button though like 5 attempts holding it down all that time dashing lighting up the off over and over then the accessory come on and stay as well as the dash then starts dies starts dies untill i kill it with the remote.What do you think oo i am running tachless as of now.Any knowledgeable opoins.T he plxr is doing it job in know,they said it  would not even turn over if not.05 colorado with crimestopper 2016fm
colorado tap the rockies
dmurray14 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a passlock bypass? Sounds exactly like what the vehicle will do when it can not verify with passlock...
a454nova 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
if its the passlock, you will know from the light or if it wont start normaly from lockout. Passlock kills the fuel, It shouldnt run for 2 sec. i would use your wires and start it your self to see if it the remote. Ive had problems like that from not using a tach. Setting/Programing maybe.
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
no its not the bypass its a ion type it will not try to start at all .I can not figure out why the renmote start will not power the ignition and stay on the first time rather then 3 tryes
colorado tap the rockies
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
i had that problem with another chevy.  I had over looked the factory alarm disarm, but had the passlock bypass.  It would start and then die right away.   Double check your connections and make sure it is all covered.
Good Luck!
-Thad
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
do u have the second acc. and second igniton hooked up?
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
Two words... capitals, and the word "you" instead of "u"... christ.... why can't kids use english instead of 13 year old kiddy chatroom speak....
Anyways....
There is no second ignition or second accessory on a Colorado. There is an ignition, a +12V wire, a ground, and two passlock wires. If you are not feeding it the correct sequence of ignition, then passlock resistance value, you will get neither crank nor accessory. Both are controlled by the ECM. When the ECM sees the correct resistance on the passlock wires, the computer will crank the motor until it starts, cut the starter, and then fire the accessory circuits up.
1) Are you sure you learned the PLXR properly in the correct mode for the Colorado/Canyon (same mode as Ion, I believe. We just use a couple relays and the correct resistance values... works wonderfully)
2) A tach wire really isn't necessary, you can set it up for tachless and not really worry about the starter grinding itself to pieces, since the remote start isn't technically powering the starter directly. If you want to do tach, it can be found on I believe the blue connector on the ECM, driver's side of motor, only white wire... Also, if going tachless, make sure unit is programmed as such.
Try these out, and get back to us....
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
redpeppers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

gus...sorry i didnt look at the wire diagram.....just through that on the table....i guess i should have look at the diagram.....dont get lippy ...no one like a smart ass

redpeppers 
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
i had hte same problem on the colbalt .....the problem was the 555lw had not learned the resistance......and by the way caps r not needed......
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
555L requires a different programming sequence for the newer GM stuff. We just use the 2 relay/resistor method on them right now (there's an infotech somewhere about it), but there is apparently a 556L out now that is an updated 555L that does the Canyon/Cobalt/Colorado/Pursuit etc. no problem.
Gus
PS: You don't want me to be neither lippy, nor a smartass... CAPS help to differntiate sentences, pronouns, some nouns, references to one's self. Some of us older types are from a time when the education system taught proper sentence formation, punctuation, and other lovely, seldom used, sentence formation skills.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic