icon

crackle sound?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
branvw 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys i am new to this side of the12volt but not to the fiberglass side.  My problem is that the other night one of the installs i did has started to make a crackle noise when you turn it up.... not to full or anything, i have looked at all the connections and they look good,,,,, please help, what do i do?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Is it a "crackling" sound only while the volume control is being turned or is it constant noise?
Support the12volt.com
branvw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

it will stay on, but on low volume you will not hear it, when it is turned up it kinda reminds me of the sound you get when a speaker is blown

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
OK.  It could be a blown speaker.  crackle sound? -- posted image.  Or it could be a clipping amplifier or preamp, or a bad crossover.  I'd start by ensuring no clipping in the system and if that's all good, swap out the speaker and/or crossover.
Support the12volt.com
branvw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
OK.  It could be a blown speaker.  crackle sound? -- posted image.  Or it could be a clipping amplifier or preamp, or a bad crossover.  I'd start by ensuring no clipping in the system and if that's all good, swap out the speaker and/or crossover.

sorry but what is the clippings?  it most deff is not the speakers.  they are wiered into the deck directly, they where working good then i pulled out the deck to find a power wire for an amp turn on for the sub and now it has the problem.  I thought it might be the preamp wire so i cut it and the problem was still there???? HELP!!!!lol

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
List all the equipment in the car and the year and make of car.
There is no such thing as free installation!
branvw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
is it possible that the sound is coming from the deck if it has no power left?
DYohn 
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

branvw wrote:
is it possible that the sound is coming from the deck if it has no power left?

Huh?  Does it turn on?  Then it has power.  As tcss asked, please list all the equipment (makers and models) in your system, including the vehicle make, model and year.  Thanks.

Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic