icon

another wiring question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hvaughn 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have two options at the moment, and need to know which will be better. I have one power wire left to use on my distribution block. I hope this isn't too confusing
Should I:
1) Wire my alpine head unit to the factory constant wire behind the radio. I know Alpine recommends to run the constant wire to the battery. I will only be using the head unit's amplifier to power my rear speaker. Front's and subs are powered by seperate amps. Or run the constant wire to my distribution block? If I go this route, what size fuse do I need?
Or
2)Wire the following (3 transformers for interior neon, tv constant, and dvd player constant) to the distribution block. Or wire all of these to the constant behind the radio.
I guess I'm just wondering which of the two is gonna require more power. The neon, tv, and dvd player or the alpine head unit. I would rather run the head unit off of the factory constant. Some people tell me it is okay and some tell me that I HAVE to run it to the battery.
Also, does anyone know (or can tell me how to find out) how many amps the neon transformers (3 total), tv, and dvd player will pull. I need to know the size of fuse I will need for my distribution block if I go this route.
I apologize that this is so long, but am trying to finish up my wiring....
Thanks,
Heath
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
i would ues the factory constant for the H/U. i really would have to see the rest of the set up for the rest.
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
alpine_king 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
you should be fine runnin the head unit off the factory 12v, how much neon do you have?! that is gonna depend on how big of a fuse you use.
1993 Ford Ranger.
Head Unit.Alpine CDA-9831
Front Speakers.Infinity 6010 Reference Series
Amp.Alpine MRD-M1005
Subs.3 Kicker CVR10
Rear Speakers.SPL CS-573
20" Boss 312's, lowered 3/4
hvaughn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean, rest of the setup?
The three transformers will be wire to a resistor.
The dvd player has a constant wire as does the tv.
Actually the tv came with a box that it plugs into, to allow for the screen and rca inputs, but it also has a
constant power wire. I was planning on hooking all three constant wires (tv box, dvd player, and wire to the resistor for the neon transformers) to one power wire (8 gauge) that will hook into my distribution block. Also, need to know how big of a fuse for all of this. The dvd player and tv box each have a small fuse, but no fuses for the neon transformers. Was planning on using a 10 amp fuse for the neon, but was gonna add that amount to whatever the tv and dvd are pulling (amps) and just one one fuse in the distribution block (still gonna keep the supplied fuses for the tv and dvd). Let me know what additional info you need and I will be glad to provide it.
hvaughn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a total of five tubes. I will be using three transformers. Two tubes to two of the transformers and a single tube to the third transformer. The neon is the street glow kind that comes ready to plug into the cigarette lighter. Just gonna remove the cigarette plug and hard wire all three of them together. But I also need to power my dvd player and tv off of the same power wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic