icon

95 Honda CIvic Ultra Alarm/starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ram-1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all im a big newbie to this world of car starters/alarms/audo. I  just bought a 95 civic hatchback manual transmission, it came with an ultra starter/alarm combo (not sure which model the remotes dont say) according to the previous owner it was working until he left on vacation and his neighbour friend had to disconnect the battary to turn off the alarm which was too sensitive and going off at all times. I tried turning the ignition on/off three times then pushing buttons on the remote and i was able to get my lights to blink once on lock, twice on unlock ect. but their is no sound no working alarm and no working starter when i push the two buttns together which he dsaid would start it. So anyone know how to get it to work and how to set the sensitivity on the alarm, and how to get the starter working, i know its not too safe to have it on a manual transmission, but im coming upon a cold canadian winter and i need it.

Thank you to anyone that can help

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

You need to access the unit under the dash, and identify it.....model #..Then go to http://www.ultrastarters.com/ and look in the manual sections....install, and user versions are there!!

Good Luck

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully you have a unit designed for a manual transmission in the car. The model number will end in 'M'. Like TL2250M. If you manage to find the alarm brain, you should be able to tell if it is a manual transmission piece by the color. If its yellow....its for manuals. If its black, its probably for an automatic. If its 3+ years old, the manual units were also black back then.
Describe the remote for me. Does it have 4 buttons? Probably 'lock', 'unlock', * and # for buttons? It it a black remote with white icons on the buttons? The buttons could also be blue if its 3+ years old.
To make the alarm work again...turn the key on and then hold the button on the antenna until the siren beeps. Will take anywhere from 7-15 seconds. Turn key off and see if the alarm chirps when you arm it.
ram-1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

Ok thanx for the quick reply guys here what i found when looking under it

It says for manual transmission only.

Model U2250M-R36-CAN-20030724

2250MR

I checked the net website and im just printing off the manual. Thanx for all the help if i still have any problems ill let you guys know.

Oh anyone know if its a good idea to run a 10inch and 12 inch pioneer subs together. thats what was in their when i bought it, and it has a 1500 watt ampp running em.  i was also given two 6 x9 and two twetters and a small amp all not installed  which i gotta put in any ideas where to put in the 6x9's since it is a hatchback which has no rear speakers? 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic