icon

planet audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gumball 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i am starting  a shop in Wi and was wondering if anybody has any experiance with planet audio. I am attracted to this line because of its dealer only plan. i  can not find the line for sale on the net at all( except for ebay a couple of items but not much). also any other brands you could suggest would be great. I was in the business for approx 10 years b4 getting out foe the last 6 years need too catch up on things here are some of the lines i will be handling: Kenwood, Planet Audio, Ultra Start, Kove Audio. Please let me know what you think any imput would be great.

Thanks Ray

Gumball
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
i have heard on this forum that ultra start is junk. the only plant audio gear i have had was a single 10" sub it was ok  but nothing great .but i'm sure it was the entry level . JL is a great seller . soundstream is makling a good come bad . i have had great luck with there higher end. the picasso. amps . the T4 subs, and the van gogh subs and amps. and almost all of there componets.i haven't use any of the video stuff but it looks very nice www.soundstream.com  kenwood has been ok for the most part. i like pioneer H/U's .  audiobahn sucks. a lot of people love RE . MTX has held strong. RF seems to be going to crap! i'm sure you will get alot of comment's about this. BTW were are you opening this shop ????
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
gumball 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

I will be opening the shop in Wausau Wi. a friend of mine in Ill has been useing the ultra start product for some time now and has had no problems as of yet. do you think that carrying soundstream will be a hard sell to people because you can find 10-20 places on the net to buy it for near cost. that is why i was thinking of carrying planet audio they do not have any internet retailers at all, i looked and can not find any on the net at all.

Any other imput would sure be great

Thanks Ray

Gumball
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
The local shop I buy stuff at here in Janesville, WI sells Planet Audio as their entry level line, it is a decent brand for the price and they have had little to no problems with their products in the way of returns and the like.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Diamond Audio also does not have online retailers, I don't believe JL or Zapco do either, I am sure there are plenty more as well.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
gumball 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

I already have 2 jl dealers within 30 miles of me and would to offer something different. what do you guys think of alphasonik? My friend in ill sells it and says its great and they are hard to find on the net for sale. They also have a graet warrantee plan. let me know what you think

Thanks Ray 

Gumball
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Planet Audio used to be an excellent brand, really top-notch stuff all made in the USA.  A few years ago they were purchased by the same company who owns Boss.  Now I believe they are made in the same Taiwan and China factories as Boss and many others, although Planet seems to be the top quality of those lines.  I own a Planet Saturn amp from their heyday.  Not sure if I'd use any of their current gear, but it's worth carrying in a shop.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic