icon

Parrot CK3100 ISO Connector?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ewinkley 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

The manual for this device states "You must obtain an "ISO" adapter cable" for in-car stereo without and ISO connection.  My question is: I know some stereo's these days come with stock ISO connectors, but are there any converters for say, a Kenwood KDC-MP228?  I just bought the Kenwood unit and love it, but I cannot find any ISO connectors for it.  I know that I can splice and dice the CK3100 cables up to fit the stereo, I just would rather have a clean slate.

Also, for those using the CK3100 - have you gotten any complaints about noise feedback from callers or those you called, stating every time they speak they get feedback of what they just said?  I sure am; currently using a CK-7W from Nokia and tried moving the mic further away from the speaker, tried different speaker, nothing works.  Hence, the purchase of the CK3100.

TIA

Customautomotiv 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
If you are using a ck-7w and a motorola phone you will get echo....the 2 are not compatable. Nokia car kits should only be used with nokia phones. You probably wont find any iso connectors for you stereo......if you have a GMC or ford vehicle there are harnesses available ....but thats about it. You can cut and splice like you said.....and yes it can get messy if you dont know what you are doing.
hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

I spoke to Metra, the harness people and they are working on a new line of harnesses based around the EURO ISO connector.In Europe Most cars and busses have the Parrot connector from the factory. I purchase the Metra plug out of the radio and the plug into the car and pre-wire it onto the Metra plugs, you don't really have to even find a mute wire because the parrot cuts all 4 speaker through the relay box and sends sound through just the front.

Just a note if you do splice the Metra plug remember that sometimes steering wheel controls do not pass through the harness and need to be jumped over.

Rich

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands
ewinkley 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
So here is what I did for simplicity: I returned the Kenwood deck and purchased a Blaupunkt Syracuse MP35 that has the ISO connectors, hooked up and using the CK3100 in 5 minutes (of course, then it took another hour to properly route / hide all wires, etc.).
I would highly recommend getting an ISO head unit for those who are considering purchasing the CK3100.
joybhowmik 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I am considering the purchase of the Parrot CK 3100. I have a Blaupunkt Monterrey MP35

You have mentioned that there was no problem connecting the Parrot to the Blaupunkt Syracuse MP35

As the models are the same - I will be very grateful if you would tell me

1. exactly how you went about connecting the Parrot to the Blaupunkt- i.e. which wires from the Parrot went to which "holes" at the Blaupunkt's rear end and

2. if you needed to connect anything from the Parrot to the car electrical system.]

3. Did you also need to purchase  the Blaupunt telephone audio input cable? Part No.7 607 001 503 and shown in the attached image?Parrot CK3100 ISO Connector? -- posted image.

Joy Bhowmik
rablair 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
The ISO connectors are available as BestKits part number BHA1784 (plugs into the radio side of the Parrot CK3100) and part number BHO1784 (plugs into the car side of the Parrot CK3100 wiring). I bought both on eBay for less than $4 and $8 each (search for BHA1784 or BHO1784, you need one of each). They plug directly into the Parrot wiring harness and all of the wires are present.
The description on the BHO1784 package says "VW 1986-2002 for OEM radios". The BHA1784 package says "VW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz 1996-2002, 96-02, 96-02 for aftermarket radios".
I am installing this on my '94 Subaru. I've bench tested it with a pair of home stereo speakers and it seems to work great with my Motorola V3 RAZR, call quality seems good and it even reads the phone's phonebook, contrary to some reviews I've read.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic