icon

561t on a 2004 4Runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
datatechent 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone tried the Valet 561t on a 2004 4Runner ? I went to Circuit City to do it and they said i had to go back to the dealer to do it. After 2 trips to the dealer, I finally went back to CC and they gave me my $$ back. So basically im stuck with this system in there and it dosent work. I have taken the car apart and have looked at it. The transponder bypass is in there already. Anyone know if the H1 harness wires have to be all hooked up ? Some of them are just cut and taped ..... I have tried pulsing the H1/6 ( + Activation input ) wire to a 12v source and it still dosent work. Any help would be great 
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
the wires in the H1 do not all have to be hooked up; the only wires you should really need to have hooked up from that harness are 8&9, the ground and light flash.
I guess the light flash isn't even really necessary for the unit to operate properly.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hopefully this will help you.  First things fir you need to check if your car has a factory alarm.  To do this roll down the drivers window close and lock all the doors.  Lock them either with the drivers switch or the factory transmitter.  Wait about a minute.  Then reach in the truck and manually unlock the drivers door and open it.  If the horn starts blaring and the lights flash, then congrats you have a factory alarm.  This will come into play later on. For the actual wiring I'll goe through it harness by harness for you.

H1

Lt. GREEN/ Black, GREEN / WHITE, Yellow, WHITE/ Blue, Gray/Black, WHITE/ Red, and RED / White are not used.

Black : Ground  Grab a ring terminal, star washer, and screw it to a piece of metal under the dash

White : Parking light Flash  Green wire in 16pin harness to the left of the fuses  setup for positive out put

4 Pin Satelite Harness

Blue Status output :  If your truck has a factory alarm this wire goes to the keysense  wire at the ignition harness which is GREEN/ YELLOW.  That wire will register ground as soon as the key is put into the ignition.

Blue Purple and Pink wires are not used.

The Relay pack ( you know that big ugly this with all the wires)

The 2 red wires are constant power inputs  put one to the WHITE/ blue and one to the red wires at the ignition harness.

The purple wire is the starter output which goes to the GREEN/ black wire in the truck.

The pink wire is the ignition #1 output.  Hook it to the BLACK/ red wire at the igniton.

Pink/wire second ignition/second accy out put  goes to blue / YELLOW in the truck.

Finally orange accessory output goes to WHITE/ green.

3 Pin Door lock harness

Green negative lock output goes to blue wire in an 18 pin plug in the drivers kick

Blue negative unlock output goes to green wire in the same harness as above.

Remote Start H2 Harness

BLACK/ white : Just ground whis wire.  Neutral safety switch input

Violet/white : Tach input easiest place to get this one is at one of the fuel injectors.  Basically if you look at the wires you'll see that they all have one wire that is the same color.  You want to hook up to the other wire at one of the injectors.

Brown:  brake shutdown input  GREEN/ YELLOW in the same plug as the parking light wire is in.  The wire will only read 12volt when you step on the brake.

Gray :  Hood pin shut down :  goes to the hood pin that they hopefully installed in your truck.  Though I have seen many installed without this wire being hooked up.  If you don't hook this up be careful about disconnecting/reconnecting the battery as the remote start may try to start up the truck.

Blue/white:  second status output goes to the activation input of the bypass module.

Anymore questions just drop me a line  JPTree on AIM cntrylvr01 on Yahoo

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
datatechent 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
the colors dont match up ..... :-(
datatechent 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
finally it works !!!!! had it done by action auto sound .too bad the OEM remote dosent work anymore after the car is started.... anyone get that wo work ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic