icon

Need some advice 95 civic hatch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ram-1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all im a big newbie to the world of car audio but i need some help.

I just bought a 95 civic hatch, and it came with some things installed a pioneer DEH-P3500 deck and and two smaller pioneer speakers in the front two doors not sure of the size, a 1600W amp a pioneer 10" sub and a 12" 450W sub.   I was also given uninstalled 2 6x9 200W each and 2 small twetters and a small 240w amp. Ok so now my problem my passenger side (right) speaker thats installed doesn't seem to work (ie when i place  the balance to the right i get no sound) i tried checking for a loose wire around my deck but couldn't find anything it seems to be a shhhty wiring job the the wires aren't run underneath the carpet to the subs ect. My subs are put in an oversized wooden box almost twice the height it they'de need.  Im probably gonna have to learn and rewire the subs ect, but i was wondering where would you reccomend i install the 6x9's ect and is it a good idea to run a 12 and a 10 together? Or should i buckel down take it to some professionals and let them deal with it while the place they work for rips me a new ***hole money wise.

blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Take it to a professional.
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

ram-1 wrote:
Or should i buckel down take it to some professionals and let them deal with it while the place they work for rips me a new ***hole money wise.

Take it to a professional.  It may seem like a lot of money at first.  But think of how much more it would cost you if you fried your radio trying to fix this.  You are going to spend less in the long run by going to a good local shop and getting everything installed right rather than "ghetto-rigging" it and frying your equipment piece by piece over time and having to replace it. 

TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Seeing as you don't have any overly expensive gear there I would take this as an opportunity to learn how to install it correctly if you would like to learn that is. There is tons of info out there on how to do it yourself, I taught myself to install the basics and get by rather well, saving lots of installation costs in the process when buying different vehicles.
If you do not have interest in learning how to install then I would agree to take it to a professional.
As far as for your specific setup, running two different sized subs is a bad idea, pick one and use it. Use the larger amplifer to drive the sub, and use the smaller amplifier on the fronts and if you choose to install the 6x9s those as well, that is if it is a four channel amplifer. I would also run all new wiring, using fuses and distribution blocks when necessary. Check out www.bcea1.com for lots of good basic information.
If you get model numbers for all the equipment people here will be able to advise on how to best set it all up, which ohm loads to present the amp, ect.
Good luck with it.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic